Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sellis1313
Melbourne, Australia

Easy night stay

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 8, 2024
As I was working on the same street as this hotel I chose to stay here to avoid any unnecessary travel.
Being there for only a night made it an easy option. The bathroom is incredibly small - I’m glad I was on my own as it would have been uncomfortable. It did the job for me on my one night stay and I had an easy night sleep.
It’s a great location to some fast food options, a restaurant, cafes and a super market. There is only a vending machine onsite so keep that in mind.
Date of stay: January 2024
      C$89
    3.7 km from Ibis budget Auckland Airport
    View more hotels in Mangere
    3,513 results
    All reviews countdown supermarket auckland airport no frills one night rooms are small yellow bus fast food family room next morning across the road min walk domestic terminal an overnight stay an early flight short stay bed was comfortable free shuttle
    Selected filters
    Reviewed April 6, 2024 via mobile

I had an overnight layover in Auckland & stayed here, nice and close. Check in was easy, hotel was bright and clean. Room was compact, well designed & comfortable.
    Good location, food close by and shopping across the road. Great to stock up on supplies for my long flight.

Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed March 24, 2024 via mobile

Easy rapid transfer on the yellow bus, best to buy single ticket, the return is a higher price or walk. There is a Countdown supermarket close by where you can buy breakfast & supper. There is a microwave downstairs to heat bought food.
    The rooms at the Ibis ‘budget’ are very tiny for the price which is far to high at over $200+NZ a night & sadly there is little else to choose from as all the other AKL airport hotels are even more overpriced than this one & the motels look dire. Limited space in the rooms for a couple of suitcases. We did two overnight stays to & from our destination, check-in & departure went smoothly.
    On the positive the beds & pillows are comfortable, the room is clean, good wifi, don’t bother with the local TV, it’s dire!

Room tip: Avoid holiday times when groups travel & weekends when events are on in AKL when the prices go up. Choose weekday stays.
    Date of stay: March 2024
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed March 23, 2024

No frills hotel, but a terrific choice for an overnight.
    The room is very small. Perfect for a solo traveler. For more than 1 person, it will be very difficult with suitcases.
    It’s a very easy walk from either the domestic or international airport- 15 minutes to either one. There is a bus, but it charges $ but it really is an easy walk. The hotel is on George Bolt Drive.
    Come straight from domestic terminal and the hotel is on the right.
    From international terminal, go right -
    this street is Tom Pearce Drive - at the
    major intersection, go left, and in 4-5
    minutes, the hotel is on your right.
    Out of hotel, go left. To domestic terminal, stay straight and you run into it in 15 minutes. To the international terminal, again, you exit to the left, and take your first right at the
    intersection ( Tom Pearce Drive ), and bear to the left for 7-8 minutes.
    On one side of the hotel ( behind it ) is
    McDonald’s. On the other side of the
    hotel ( exit right ) is KFC, Taco Bell, and a great supermarket.
    Wifi is good; bed is good. A fine hotel.

Room tip: Lots of food options within a 5 minute walk. Taco Bell and KFC, and a great supermarket if you exit to the right. In other direction McD’s.
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    1  Thank Jeremy P
    Reviewed March 23, 2024

Overpriced, weird booking conditions, bad customer service.

I cannot recommend this Ibis Hotel, I would suggest taking a hotel in Auckland and getting a Shuttle / Uber, for me that would have been a better solution.
    If you want to go to the international Terminal might anyways still have to book a shuttle from the Ibis as it is a ~15 minute walk next to a street with a lot of traffic.

I made a mistake with my booking and unfortunately selected the wrong month, I immediately cancelled that booking and made one for the correct date as I didn’t think that the cancellation would be a problem.
    According to the booking conditions there is no refund on cancellation, however, I would not have thought that this does still apply to reservation made 5 weeks in advance - I held the reservation for a total of six minutes, including the time I needed to create an account for the cancellation.
    In the cancellation E-Mail there was a mail address given for questions, the mail that I wrote was never answered.
    I thought it wouldn’t be a problem to sort this out at the reception - wrong. I perceived the reaction of the woman at the reception as rude, who was just telling me to book properly next time.

The Ibis Hotel and the Accor group has earned 180 NZD with this and will definitely be my last choice for any further stays.
    This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed March 22, 2024

AVOID STAYING HERE AT ALL COSTS.NOT CHEAP,EXTREMELY SMALL ROOMS,HAD TO SLEEP WITH SUITCASE ON THE BED,NO WI-FI,3 DAYS AFTER WE LEFT THEY CHARGED MY CARD FOR A NIGHT I WASNT THERE & NOT EVEN IN AUCKLAND AT THAT TIME & WONT REFUND THE $389 THEY STOLE FROM ME ... DO NOT STAY HERE YOU WILL NOT SLEEP & THEY WILL OVER CHARGE

Room tip: STAY AWAY FROM IBIS BUDGET AIRPORT,PAY THE SAME ELSEWHERE & GET VALUE FOR MONEY,TRANSFER TO & FROM THE AIRPORT ... RUN FAR & FAST
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple