“Delicious evening meal”
Review of Miracle

Miracle
Ranked #97 of 214 Restaurants in Nelson
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a late night dinner (after 9pm). Staff were welcoming and friendly eventhough it was close to closing time! (Apologies!!). We had two cocktails for $20 and they were both different/refreshing (Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon). Ordered roti duck and dumplings as appetisers and sizzling lamb and egg fried rice as mains. Portion for the rice was great, the lamb was nice too but a bit on the smaller size we felt (delicious sauce). Roti duck was very nice and refreshing whilst the prawn dumplings were ok.
Would definitely go again and worth a visit if you fancy some Asian food whilst in Nelson city.

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Had a disgusting dim sum lunch at this restaurant back in Nov/Dec. All the dim sums we had were either of very poor quality or simply inedible. The owners obviously don't know anything about dim sum and employ chefs who equally know nothing about dim sum - or they think they can get away with scamming people. I get way better quality har gow (prawn dumpling) from local supermarkets. The chicken feet and duck feet were scaly and full of claws and simply inedible. Real, proper chicken feet and duck feet dishes are never cooked like that, they are always cleaned up and trimmed and properly prepared. The sauce was nothing more than a tasteless paste of black beans. The only half decent thing were the sesame balls. But the balls have been deep fried so many times they are dark brown instead of golden, and half of the sesames had dropped off. We couldn't even finish our meal and had to leave. It was that disgusting and we told the manager too.

However the most offensive thing was their toilet signs, literally calling Chinese people "Chink" - and if you are not familiar with this term, this is a derogatory name for the Chinese and it is both offensive and repulsive. The owners may think it is a harmless banter, but some people who use the "n" word also thought it was just funny and harmless - go figure. I am saying - THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I would have rated a zero star if I could - just on the quality of food.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Julia731
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Went for a family dinner here on a whim. very nice clean atmosphere good food friendly helpful staff.

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Had a really delicious meal. Had duck entree and shared the singapore noodles and rama curry.
Well priced at about 20 a dish and the servings are very large. Really friendly and attentive staff. Were happy to do a takeaway box of the leftovers.

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

I dined here on my 2nd night in nelson. I opted for the duck roti and Kum pow chicken. Both were delicious - the portion of the main course was huge so I took home the leftovers which could have done me for another 2 meals! The prices were standard eating out prices ($20+ for a main) but the service was excellent; not too attentive but friendly when needed. There was a decent gap between the starter and the main. If you were eating there as a couple on the basis of the size of my main course, one choice could comfortably be shared by two people. There are other Asian restaurant options in the town but, I wasn't disappointed by my choice at all.