“Excellent value”

Century Park Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 20 March 2012 via mobile

Newly revonated with all the facilities one would want when traveling to Nelson. A definite place to choice if your are considering. Can go wrong with this one.

Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I generally stay at large chain hotels in the Hilton, Starwood and Intercontinental group. I had a few nights in transit through the South Island and did my best to book lodging that was of good quality, but I must admit, I was not expecting the level of quality and cleanliness at this lodge. You would think that you are the first guests at a brand new hotel. Everything appeared brand spanking new and clean. The setup of the room was so efficient and roomy that I considered designing a guest suite in my home after it's design.
I originally booked the wrong date for my stay but the staff were cordial about correcting it.
Would Definitely stay here again but would spring the extra $ for a suite, which looks comparable to any luxury hotel suite.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the upper floor balcony and jetted spa tub.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on our touring trip of NZ and loved it. The welcome we received was first class and everything else followed in like fashion. The room was very well equipped and very comfortable. The only thing I would suggest is to maybe get rid of the plastic flowers?
The location was excellent and an easy walk into town for meals etc. We loved Nelson as a base and were sorry to leave but if we are ever back in NZ we will be back here!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed at Century for two nights. I stayed in a ground floor room. The room was medium sized but contained high end appliances and was very modern. The stove top/oven, and microwave were all stainless steel. All the cookware, glassware, and flatware were high end. My room happened to be handicap accessible. There was a counter to eat at instead of a table so that a wheel chair would fit underneath. The bed was big and comfortable. The room was spotless. There was a patio area outside the sliding glass door, but no view. The room had a safe in the closet. The bathroom was also handicap accessible with a roll in shower with a pull down bench. The shower had plenty of hot water and the water pressure was very good. The hosts were very helpful and nice. They even recommended the Omaka Aviation Heritage Center when they found out I was going to Blenheim next. This was a great tip. The internet is free and if you don't have your own lap top you can use the lap top in reception. I never had to wait to use the lap top. The Century also has a laundry room. The location was very good. It was about a 10 min walk to town center (Hopgoods and Ford restaurants).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The reservation, followup and reception was simple, friendly and very timely. Our room was "like new". Very clean, very modern and very quiet. On site parking was great. Everything was just as presented online. And, we could walk everywhere in Nelson safely and easily. Thanks to the Family Team for making our stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: Clarify the number of people that will be staying in the room. Let them know if you have special nee...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
new Zealand
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed for just one night and it suited us perfectly. The unit was immaculately presented. We stayed in 105 which was at the back to minimise road noise. The town centre is an easy stroll away. The owners were very friendly. If you are looking for somewhere in the centre of Nelson which is very well priced then I would recommend Century Park.

Room Tip: Room 105 is at the back so away from the busy road
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stumbled on this hotel by chance during our recent honeymoon. The owners were amazing and we loved the attention to detail, which demonstrates great consideration and thought. They obviously love people and the rooms were very nice. I can't believe there was a dishwasher (which we never used-more enviro friendly to hand wash), heated towel racks, free dvds (thanks Brendon for the recommendations-Dancer in the dark will forever haunt me...haha). Also, the included internet is a very nice feature. This was rare during our entire vacation and greatly appreciated in this technology age. I would highly recommend this hotel. There are rules as stated, but this is for everyone's comfort and enjoyment. We had no issues with this.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple