“Won't go again.”

Price range: US$5 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

I have visited a few times and usually the staff are friendly and the food good. Hence it's popularity. However the barista is not nice. He has a bad vibe and after my little interaction today a reason to stay away.

2  Thank Doug B

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Friendly service, good value and delicious well presented food. Great location upper Trafalgar Street, next to museum

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

This is a cute little place with fab coffee. I made the mistake of ordering sweetcorn fritters and they came cold and obviously not at all fresh. Huge disappointment to say the least. The staff offered me a replacement or something else but as I no longer wanted to eat there I said no and expected a refund. Nothing further was offered so when I went to ask the lady argued with me and told me the food was hot when it came to me and would offer no refund....basically calling me a liar!! The worse customer food service experience ever in this country. Avoid if you can.

2  Thank TravelAgtNZ
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Lovely little café with great atmosphere and fabulous friendly service. We had the best breakfast during our time in New Zealand. The cakes and other food also looked very appealing and we would have gone back if we had been staying in Nelson.

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

I have had many good experiences at Sweet As Cafe, Nelson both in terms of food quality and great coffee by a top barista. The service is also caring and friendly. The atmosphere is warm and bubbly. The only point that needs improving is the tables being cleaner when it is busy.