“Good Scones”

Ranked #28 of 196 Restaurants in Nelson
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Been here couple of times in last month and got Scone and coffee both times. Great scones, good coffee, and great view out over the river.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

During our Nelson stay we went to River Kitchen a couple of times. The first for a late lunch, just the two of us, and for breakfast as a party of 12. The service both times was excellent. They happily pulled tables together to accommodate our large group, water appeared and our waitress had a smile on her face, and was happy to have a laugh and a joke with us.
The choice on the menu makes the decision making process hard, it all sounds wonderful and our selections were very good. Great coffee, real tea leaves in the pot, and the china cup and saucer was a lovely touch.
Whether there is just a couple or a group, River Kitchen go out of their way to make you feel welcome and well feed and watered

Reviewed 15 November 2015

The cafe is located right beside the river with plenty of outdoor seating. There is a good selection of cafe-style food and it tastes freshly prepared. Servings are a good size and well presented. Service was a little slow but the cafe was busy and we were relaxing enjoying the view so not bothered. My coffee was good and my partner thought the iced coffee was excellent - good and strong.

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

I don't normally eat burgers, but enjoyed a southern chicken burger. The portions are large and my companions had beef and vegetarian burgers. The café has a nice river outlook and was nearly full on a Sunday lunchtime. Perhaps the only weird thing is that no-one brought a bill and I queued up in the self service line to pay. I tried to simply ask for the bill and was directed to the line. In a tourist town that's unusual.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

This choice was one of my first mistake of about three poor choices of eateries I made in Nelson. We both ordered egg benedict, mine was gluten free husbands was normal.
I also ordered a chai latte, which came out the same time as my meal, annoying, so it was luke warm by the time I got to drink it.
The meal wasn't hot, and it just wasn't enjoyable.
The eggs were good, just the rest of it wasn't. So maybe order eggs on toast instead?
This was recommended to us from the hotel we were staying at, and we weren't impressed.