“Great service and delicious food”
Review of Anchor Bar & Grill

Anchor Bar & Grill
Ranked #35 of 203 Restaurants in Nelson
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We dined at the Anchor as we were staying at the Harbourside Lodge next door. Lovely view of the harbour. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was great. I don't usually eat a 3 course meal but I did here as the food was amazing. Very friendly staff. The complimentary butterscotch schnapps finished the evening off perfectly. Loved this place.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I was staying next door at the Harbourside Lodge As a solo traveler I preferred to eat back in my room. I ordered both nights, directly with the Restaurant staff and my meals were delivered to my room for no extra charge. The seafood that I ordered was super fresh and delicious - to the point of over indulging in it just a bit. Was well worth it though.
A good menu choice at reasonable pricing.
Lovely views overlooking the Marina if you choose to dine it. Seating is inside as well as out near the water.
Couldn't fault it at all.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

This use to be my favorite place in Nelson sadly the service is poor and the food has gone downhill big time

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Lobbed in here with the boys on a Tuesday night after adventure riding up from Christchurch - friendly service, great spot, big portions that filled us right up and very nice seafood. Happy days.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch on Sunday and everything was great. I ordered the steak sandwich and it was just the right size! Have been here on the recommendation from family.