“Great coffee and breakfast”
Review of Morri Street Cafe

Morri Street Cafe
Ranked #23 of 214 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Multiple Winner of Best Cafe in Nelson. Bright, busy cafe in an historic building in central Nelson. Strong following of loyal locals but plenty to entice visitors as well. The menu changes seasonally and focuses on fresh, natural flavours that build on a number of ethnic cuisine styles. Our breakfasts have a large fan base with favourites like the Bacon & Eggs and our Pancakes staying on the menu year after year. Lunch includes fresh Salad Bowls, tasty Chicken Satay and the ever popular Pad Thai. There's plenty of fresh baking each day, a healthy kids menu and our coffee is excellent. There are lots of options for wheat, gluten & dairy sensitive people and vegetarians as well.
Reviewed November 8, 2018

It was a lovely cafe on the main street. We're serious coffee drinkers and both enjoyed the coffee. I had the baked eggs, which were among the best I've had! Service was quick. We really enjoyed Morri Street Cafe

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We stopped in here as my husband wanted a coffee. I decided to order a smoothie but apparently they only do one flavour per day and that day's one really didn't sound appealing, so I had coffee instead. The option to sit outside is nice, but I don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Food very nice but front of house needs a lot of work. Waitress seemed to be annoyed that customers were in her cafe. Being seated with a group was an inconvenience. So although food was adequate the service let it down. Ambience could be better. Wanted to like it but wouldn’t go back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Good menu, really cool staff, beautiful lemon Tarte, brownies is so yummy but the price just went up! Good morning coffee as it s open at 7.30.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Three of us went for brunch. Two of us ordered the Southern Beneficts one with salmon (and I was assured the salmon was smoked salmon and would not be cooked I was very specific about this as would not have ordered if this was the case), and one with bacon. Both arrived, the bacon one had the benedict sauce over it however the Salmon did not and the salmon was cooked.
I did double check this. When queried, they told me no mine was different and it didn't come with a sauce, but they could give me a cold mayonnaise for it. To be honest I struggled to understand why mine was different when we both ordered exactly the same but for a swap out from bacon to salmon for one, but they assured me I was incorrect however, our receipt shows 2 x Southern Benedict and one with Salmon. I was charged an extra $7.50 for the salmon. I have no problem paying any difference, however think that was quite expensive. Interesting my daughter had the pancakes and she ordered bacon which we were charged for.... wouldn't you have thought they could have put my bacon on her pancakes as after all I was in fact charged for the bacon which I did not get. When I said to them that I was told my salmon would be smoked salmon not cooked salmon, they actually didn't care. Like they didn't care when I queried where the benedict sauce was. Meal was nice enough but thought it was very pricey for the size. The place looks nice but wouldn't return as think it is too pricey for what it is. Maybe the staff need to learn exactly what is on their menu.