“Awful ”

Add it.
Nelson Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #160 of 196 Restaurants in Nelson
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Called in for lunch, turned out to be the most awful food of any sort I've ever had. Couldn't continue after the first taste.
In a town with so many fantastic food options this is a must miss.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Unedible food. Buffet tasted like it'd been out there for several weeks, some dishes were oversalted and others (like the spring rolls) were just plain old and dry. My friend had noodles from the menu which were barely cooked and covered in a slimy yucky sauce. Kitchen could be viewed from toilet area and looked very unclean and frankly disgusting. As icing on the cake I found a long black hair in my food.

1  Thank Fredrik O
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Friday night, 7 pm, feeling like old school Chinese .... sign says open, but the stairway has a high chair in it and the lights are off. The disinterested pair behind the takeaway downstairs eventually understand that we actually want to try the restaurant that is advertised, and start phoning someone to get it open. No thanks; we'll take our cue from the absence of anyone else eating here and the look of the food under the heat lamps. Maybe we missed the meal of our lives, personally cooked by the most attentive chef in Nelson, but somehow I think not.

1  Thank Henro2010
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Food was good, nothing special however. We ordered 2 mains and some noodles, which turns out we got chicken noodles which again was another main. So we ended up spending $16 more than anticipated. We went upstairs to the restaurant, yes it was very dated. Dead flys on the window sil and lipstick on the glasses. Lovely lady and son who were very polite. Just not really the best experience. I won't be going back unfortunately.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We dropped in for a quick takeaway from the 'smorgasboard'. The food was completely inedible. The pork balls were cold, dry and rock hard. The spring roll was also cold, rock hard on one side and saturated in fat on the other surface. We asked for some rice and this had to be scraped off of the bottom of the serving tray. The noodles were mush as was the curry - which turned into a stodgy mess when we tried to eat it. When we opened the dishes back home the noodles stank. We threw the two plastic containers of food out. We purchased our food at 7pm - the lady must have realised from the texture of the food that it was far, far past its best. Appalling and the owner and chef should be utterly ashamed of serving up such disgusting, inedible food. NEVER AGAIN. I would like to add that I have never left a negative review as I am aware of the detrimental effect this might have on any business. However, I cannot stress just how awful the 'food' we purchased was.