Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MarionBurkimsher
Geneva, Switzerland

Excellent apart'hotel convenient for bus station and shopping centre

Review of Nesuto Newhaven
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 17, 2024
We stayed here for a couple of weeks and it suited us well as an apart’hotel. It was pleasantly spacious and had all the equipment needed for preparing meals: fridge/freezer, a 4 ring hob, cooker, microwave, utensils, crockery, cutlery. There’s also a washing machine and tumble dryer, laundry rack, iron and ironing board (but you shouldn’t put the laundry rack on the terrace). Its location, 5 minutes walk across from the Botany shopping centre (and bus interchange), is great if you don’t have a car, but there’s also a dedicated parking place (and we were able to plug in our EV through the window). The swimming pool was nice as we were there during a hot spell, but unfortunately it wasn’t open some days because of technical issues. The complex also has a gym, tennis court and barbecue and playground: basically it covers every wish for short or long term residents – and compared to other accommodation in Auckland it wasn’t crazily expensive compared to other places for the dates we booked. I appreciated the comfortable king size bed. The manageress was very friendly and helpful with a few little issues we had.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.1 km from Nesuto Newhaven
C$54
3.3 km from Nesuto Newhaven
View more hotels in Botany Downs
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2020

We stayed here for a week. The unit was spacious and very tidy. All you need for a home away from home. Lucia and staff, thank you very much for all you kindness and the efficient service. Will definately stay with you again when we come to Auckland. The complex is within walking distance of the mall and has a beautiful playground for children. My girls loved going there every day. The grounds are also well-kept and very tidy.

Date of stay: June 2020
Dhruv Arora, Guest Services / Front Office at Nesuto Newhaven, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2021

Dear Elmariec,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Nesuto Newhaven. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments.
Looking forward to having you stay at our property again
Dhruv Arora
Service Manager
Nesuto Newhaven

Reviewed January 28, 2020 via mobile

I was happy with my stay, but I was not happy with the email I received after I had checked-out. Accusing me of not handing my keys back and threating me that there is a change for not returning keys. I am a solo traveler and they accused me of
having 2 sets off key.
This would be the only reason why I wouldn't return or recommend staying.
Sounds to me they are running a scam to try to get extra money.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kev962
Newhaven40, Manager at Nesuto Newhaven, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2020

We regret that the inquiry about the missing keys upset you. Our email was merely an inquiry if you did not accidentally take the keys with you which happens from time to time with people leaving and forgetting to drop off keys. We have since streamlined our operation with signing keys in and out and trust this will not happen again. As you enjoyed your stay with us, we would like to offer you one nights complimentary stay, should you wish to give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Lucia

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

The reception process was shocking. Only a two hour window for checking in, and when we asked about late check in, we were told to print out a registration form, and scan it to return it! Somehow our holiday packing list missed a printer and scanner off.

So we cancelled a family lunch to get there by the stated time, only to find reception unstaffed, and our instructions left in an envelope out in the open. Key was in a key safe we could have accessed any time that night. Of course, I am ignoring the issue of finding reception. There is no signage, but by luck we found an estate office (open 8 to 4 on weekdays, which did not match the reception opening hours we were given, suggesting it was not reception).

After this kerfuffle, we located our three bedroom deluxe appartment....only to find it had two bedrooms. No-one to ask or query, and the phone number on the booking lead to a serious of automated switchboard choices that eventually got the Waldorf duty manager for the whole of Northland who couldn't help.

Looking forward to a refund from my credit card company as in the UK you buy from them, and as they sold me a two bedroom appartment for the price of a three bedroom, they are going to refund and cancel the transaction (I gave Waldorf a chance to do a partial refund, but they ignored me). Glad I made a video survey as evidence.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Newhaven40, Manager at Nesuto Newhaven, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2020

Dear swillis2017,

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. We do strive to provide a great experience for all guests and we use this sort of feedback to improve our offering.

We did endeavour to contact you by email prior to arrival to cover our check in process and confirm your reservation, but this must not have been received through the online booking portal as we were not provided with a direct email address to make contact. We had also attempted to reach out to you on multiple occasions by phone after you had experienced these issues but were unsuccessful in getting through or receiving a response.

We would love the chance to discuss these issues further to improve our processes. Please feel free to contact us directly and we would love to chat.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch and providing your feedback.

Lucia Ericsen
Property Manager

Reviewed March 22, 2019

We stayed here for almost 3 weeks. The unit was spacious and comfortable. Walking distance to shops and restaurants. Office staff, Lucia and Angie were awesome. They were very helpful when I had to extend my stay. Would not hesitate to recommend this accommodation to my friends.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Lucia E, General Manager at Nesuto Newhaven, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2019

Hello Patricia

We appreciate your positive feedback and your recommendation to our apartments. We trust we will see you back soon and look forward to welcoming any of your friends.

Lucia
Waldorf Management

Reviewed January 8, 2019

We (Wife and Kid) visit my brother and his family in Auckland every year and choose Waldorf Newhaven as it is ideally located; just opposite the Botany Mall - and you enjoy the country side as well. Rooms are nice and clean - found them newer and better maintained this year. Rooms are also spacious and has all the features of a good serviced appartment. They clean up / change linen once a week - though needed to be reminded for the clean up. Spent 15 days and will definately go back.

Room tip: Many apartments are on ownership - but ask for the ones overlooking the reserve - tough to get though.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ZubinC
Lucia E, General Manager at Nesuto Newhaven, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to respond with positive feedback during your recent stay.

We were delighted to see that you and your family chose to stay at Waldorf Newhaven once again and that the apartment was to your satisfaction.

We do apologize for the oversight in your linen change schedule. With all the public holidays, our operations went a bit out of kilter, which is no excuse, but we have addressed this with our staff and hope this will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Wishing you and your family a Happy 2019!

Lucia Ericsen