Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jevon P
Werribee, Australia

Clean, comfortable and quiet

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 20, 2018via mobile
Easy and quick check in.
Room was clean.
Beds are comfortable.
Manager is friendly and helpful.
Wifi connection was strong and fast with 2gb data provided free.
Breakfast is average - not recommended.
The location is walking distance to supermarkets and other places to eat out for dinner.
Date of stay: April 2018
Room service
Entrance
5.7 km from Academy At Botany Motor Inn
Free parking
Our Deluxe King Studio's are our most popular.  These rooms are well appointed and self-contained.  All rooms come with a King sized bed, double spa-bath, air conditioning and have a private balcony.  All rooms are upstairs and off the roadside.
10.5 km from Academy At Botany Motor Inn
Quest Highbrook
3.0 km from Academy At Botany Motor Inn
View more hotels in Botany Downs
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights. The room was clean but attention to detail is lacking. An end of the shower fitting missing is a bacterial playground. I kicked the rubber fitting that I think comes off the shower door into the middle of the room only to find in my return it had been pushed back under the vanity. No tea or coffee supplies replaced. No hairdryer on arrival had to ask for it and they took one from another room.
I had a dip in the pool even though it hadn’t been swept clearly for a while as debris all on the bottom. The water was clear though. Positives: it is very handy to Botany and the owners let me have a late check out to midday. When I asked for teabags I got them.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2017

We have stayed here several times now in Room 4. Clean, tidy Room and Bathroom. Comfy Bed. Great Location near shopping centre and eating places. Friendly Staff.
We feel like we are 'returning home'. The Johnson's

Room tip: We have a back room ... number 4 - very quiet. Nice area.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
AcademyBotany, Manager at Academy At Botany Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2017

Hi ,
Thanks for your support over the years.
It is always our pleasure to welcome all our guests and the guests who come back again show that we are doing things right .
We try our best to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible.
Thanks again .

Reviewed April 17, 2017

We had booked a couple of months back and due to the bad weather on Thursday night our flights out of wellington were delayed. We had kept the motor inn informed and they were going to keep one of the rooms unlocked so we could get in. When we finally arrived the doors were locked an nobody was answering, it was pouring with rain and we were stranded. We then had to locate another motel who were very accommodating. We will never use Academy again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank SheryllO4
AcademyBotany, Manager at Academy At Botany Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2017

Hi
There was a communication gap and you have also acknowledged the bad weather that day which made things worse.There was an advisory in Auckland for everyone to stay indoors and your arrival was late in the night after closing hours.Our staff waited till 9.30 pm and after you failed to arrive they closed the reception.
We apologise for the inconvenience.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

Originally, I had booked this motel for a 14 days stay. The no.16 room was absolutely horrible. There are only four narrow open windows in the whole of the double bedroom flat with no air-conditioning. The room was so hot it feels the air can't circulate. The place was run down, the bath towels smells & flies and insects everywhere. The light witches don't even work properly.

The nightmare began on the second day. The cleaners knocked our door early in the morning asking if they can come in to clean the room while we are still asleep. I asked if they can come back later & the replied was "There will be no cleaners later". So I have to wake my wife and two kids up for them to clean the room. The cleaners did not even make our beds that day!

On the third day, I discovered we had a slightly broken floor fan and ask the owner if we can exchange of another & his reaction was "Are you kidding me, are you asking me to do something for you"?

After only 3 or 4 days of staying, I finally gave it up & asked for a refund. Even though I have lost 7 days of payment, I have to save myself, my wife & two kids. We went look for another hotel to stay for my remaining trip in Auckland.

My feeling was, the owner don't have the heart to sever his customer. If you booked this motel, I urge you to re-think again or at least stay away from room 16. With this kind of people running this motel. I am sure it will be another housing development soon.

Room tip: I don't know which is the best, but I do know no.16 is the worst.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank mickiew2015

Hi Mickie.
Every story has 2 sides.
You have given this negative review after you were charged for cancelling your reservation without any notice. What we charged was as per the mentioned cancellation policy.
Please do not misuse a public platform to disgrace any business.
In regards to your complaints:
It is nowhere mentioned that the room is air conditioned and the Apartment has multiple windows in all the rooms. Our facility is most modern and well maintained.
The cleaner knocked on your door @ 11.30 am and they said that they will finish at 12 noon as it was the weekend. We think 11.30 am is a reasonable time to enquire from guests for servicing the room.
The beds were not made that day as they were heaped with your personal belongings and cleaners are advised not to touch personal stuff of the guests for privacy reasons. All our linen is of the highest quality and replaced every day.
There are 2 table fans in both the bedrooms and the guest can always ask for more if required, It is absolute fabricated that we used the words "Are you kidding me, are you asking me to do something for you"? We have been in the Hospitality Industry for a long time and these words are not in our vocabulary. All the light switches work properly; the bed room switches are parallel switches which you might not have used before.
You mentioned you were cancelling the reservation as your travel plans had changed and we enquired from you on numerous occasions if your stay was comfortable and you always answered positively.
There are no flies or any other insects in the room. You were leaving food uncovered on the kitchen shelf and crumbs all over the room which is very unhygienic and might have attracted flies in this weather.
All our guests acknowledge our service standards and will see through the reason of your negative review. We enjoy our work immensely and these kinds of fabricated reviews will not dampen our spirits to serve our customers.
You have made a very personal statement on our livelihood, but rest assured we will not give you the satisfaction of having a housing development in our Motel.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed. Immaculate bathroom and throughout. Definitely will stay again. Very handy to Botany shopping malls and restaurants. Plenty of parking for our trailer and boat.

Room tip: Room upstairs, large and spacious. Quiet.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raski1966
AcademyBotany, Manager at Academy At Botany Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017

Dear Guest.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and appreciating our facility.
It's great you enjoyed your stay,we look forward to having you come back in the future.

Regards