“Special Nite with the hubby”
Review of Passito

Passito
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Botany Downs
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We arrived very early, around 6.05pm. Some waiting staff were friendly towards customers, but majority of the staff paid more attention to one another. We waited a while to be served drink, and for our order to be taken. We ordered a pizza and a pasta. The food was okay, nothing spectacular with the pizza flavors, the base was very thin, and partly burnt, the pasta was extremely gloggy.
We were going to go to another restaurant for desert, but we thought we would try Passito deserts. And this is what saved the night and the restaurant. I recommend their deserts!!! What a treat, not your average desert. served elegantly & tasted how it looked. Thank you Passito for you lovely deserts~

Reviewed 15 March 2016

My wife, daughter and I went there on a Tuesday night. Relatively quiet with just a few tables occupied. We started with some garlic bread and bruschetta and drinks. Nice attentive service but not OTT. For mains we had the chicken, fish of the day and I had the pork belly. We all thoroughly enjoyed the mains. My pork was superb melt in the mouth stuff and our other mains were all enjoyed too. There was no room for dessert so we finished with coffee. With a total bill of $120 pretty hard to beat. Certainly repeatable.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

My hub and I went for dinner on a Monday night before going to the movies. The restaurant has a lovely ambience and the wait staff were friendly and prompt. We chose an appetiser each and a pizza to share and the food was hot and delicious. The wine was suggested by our waiter as we are unfamiliar with the Italian choices, and it was very good.

Only one negative, the pizza chef chewed chewing gum in full view of the restaurant whilst waiting for an order to cook! This does not give a good impression of the professional standards expected in a restaurant (regardless of its rating). Its just not a done thing.

Would we return? Yes

Reviewed 10 January 2016

A fantastic dining experience, excellent food and a very comprehensive and varied wine list, waiters also have a good knowledge of their wine. Dessert was quite decadent but amazingly the cost was nowhere near what we expected, this is fine dining at family fare prices.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Let me start by saying as an Italian-Kiwi family, we can't be a hard crowd to please when it comes to our food. Wanting to have a nice family dinner, we decided to give Passito a go.

The food was absolutely divine. I had the Gnocchi and when it passed my lips I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I was full half way through the meal but I couldn't bare to leave a smidge on my plate so forced down the whole thing (and later waddled out). Both the entrees and desserts were equally delicious and I'd like to make a special note of the beautiful presentation of the desserts!

The decor was simple but stylish with enough space between tables that it didn't feel you were intruding on other people's dinners.

You must be thinking why - if everything I've said has been so fantastic, did I only give it four stars? Well unfortunately the service was a bit slow with the waitresses not picking up on cues to have our table cleared or be given dessert menus. This could have been forgiven if they were overrun with patrons but it was a relatively quiet night with only 3 or 4 other tables.

All in all, I'd eat their food on my deathbed... but maybe I'd get it to takeaway.

1  Thank Stephanie A