“Fantastic foods and service”
Review of Jonesys Restaurant and bar - CLOSED

Jonesys Restaurant and bar
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This restaurant is listed in trip advisor as The Willows, Arrowtown but it has changed its name
Reviewed 30 January 2011

We discovered this Restaurant as we wandered around the unique Gold mining town of Arrowtown. We were impressed by the excellent food, almost surpassed by the amazing friendly staff. The service was great, and the location extremely picturesque.

There are newer reviews for Jonesys Restaurant and bar

Reviewed 29 January 2011

I was firstly greeted by wonderful staff as I walked into this excellent Tavern.
Once I saw the sign advertising Seafood Chowder my mind was made up.
I have travelled through Maine / Massachusetts / and all along the Eastern Coast of the USA eating Chowder. As this is the home of a good chowder.
As I live in Australia, it is an epic journey to find a good Chowder as Australia does not look upon this as a major culinery dish.
But in Arrowtown on the Sth Island of New Zealand "The Willows Tavern" has a Seaford Chowder that is to die for.... 10 out of 10.
We also had some Scallop & Prawn Fettucini which I give 10 out of 10.
And all was washed down with a beer.
Anyone that is in Queenstown New Zealand must make an effort to get to Arrowtown by the local bus, and go see the girls at this Tavern, and I promise that they will give you a meal that is hard to forget.

Reviewed 29 January 2011

My partner and our young daughter visited on a beautiful sunny afternoon in November 2010. We ordered the seafood pasta. The waitress was a little pre-occupied and didnt always see us seeking her attention, but it was her first day. The owner/manager compensated by bringing books to help us occupy our little daughter. The food was out of this world. The fresh cream sauce was to die for and wasthoroughly enjoyed by all. For us, we would definate recommend!

Reviewed 16 January 2011

We were visiting NZ from AUS and happened to visit Arrowtown. We settled on lunch at the Willows Tavern and were completely surprised by the quality of the food and service. Those who served us were very friendly and very responsive to our requests and the service was quite quick. I would gladly visit the Tavern again and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Tavern to anyone. It was a beautiful sunny day and was matched by the beautiful sunny service we recieved. I sincerely hope this Tavern is successful in the future. Good luck to all and thank you..

Reviewed 17 December 2010

Myself and some friends had a perfect meal the other day at the Willows Tavern Arrowtown, the fantastic food from the lunch time menu, combined with the setting, great service and affordable prices. All our meals were perfect, well presented and tasted fantastic. The daily special of Thai chicken filo, the Moroccan Lamb salad's and the salmon steak salad was the best food we have had in New Zealand by far and we will most definitely be returning to the Willows.