“Super tasty breakfast good service but pricey”

The Chop Shop Food Merchants
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Our welcome was warm and service friendly and attentive. We sat on the deck in the sun which was gorgeous indeed hot! I had poached eggs, tomato and spinach with black pudding ( my British heritage!), my husband had the French toast. Both were delicious and a very generous serve. Best breakfast in NZ !!! but it was $NZ24 for pancakes and my meal was $33. (Each side is $6 and pudding $7).

Reviewed April 3, 2018

This place is amazing food is great my fave turkish eggs and my husbands beef cheeks, have'nt been since new owner/chef but for what I hear and see has not lost it's popularity

1  Thank buckinghamArrowtown
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Always busy and buzzing which provided a nice vibe. We sat outdoors and it was sunny so we were provided with hats and sunscreen lotion — a very nice touch. Food portions were large and the dishes were interesting — complex flavors, unusual combination. I had the crispy beef cheeks with roti which was very good. Hubby had the prawn pancake which was way too salty unfortunately. I had to return my almond piccolo as it came more like a macchiato but even the second time it wasn’t done right — i guess coffee is not done quite the same way in NZ as they are in Australia!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Whenever I know someone is going to Queenstown I have to tell them to make the trip to Arrowtown! If not for the beautiful scenery of the town but for the delicious food at Chop Shop! Anything that you order on the unique menu is so fresh and well balanced..
Not only that but they serve 10/10 coffee and the service is friendly and fun!

2  Thank laurenrO1423QV
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Locals having lunch on Easter Sunday, food ok as usual, service friendly as we are known regulars, but having had a bottle of wine & our lunch, we were not approached at any time to ask if we wanted more wine, coffee or desserts, all of which we would have had. A significant loss of sales for this restaurant as we spent two & a half hours there, one of which where we were not approached once. Dissapointing!