“No Question! 1st Class”

Black Firs Guesthouse
Black Firs Guesthouse
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel/ guesthouse for 1 night as I was attending a conference at the NEC. I received a Lovely welcome from a very helpful lady. My room (No4) was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in, in a hotel. Breakfast was brilliant too. I cant fault it, I will definatley return!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I attend at least one conference a year at the NEC and I returned again last week to Black Firs. Julie, Clive and Tracy have an amazing ability to make you feel as if you are the most important guest they have ever had (which of course I am :-) Breakfast is great, rooms are clean, warm and especially quiet. As I travel on my own their friendship is special and much appreciated. See you in May

Tim

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I come to visit the NEC every February.I have been staying with Julie for a long number of years
Its like a second home to me.The breakfast is excellent served by Tracy who sees my every need.
The rooms are worm and very clean. as the en suite shower rooms. As I travel on my own Julie makes me feel very much at home. I book year after year as its just a five minute taxi ride to the NEC.
Ann

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann F
Reviewed 12 January 2012

we arrived in Birmingham unsure of location - very helpful when we called the guesthouse for direction. Due to error on our behalf the guesthouse was booked with us thinking our concert was at the LG Arena when in fact it was at the NIA- again they could not have been helpful- calls to train & bus stations were made on our behalf- and we were given a lift to the train station and told just to call if we had any problems getting back- you would not get this sort of service in a large hotel.Back to the gusesthouse itself - set in beautiful surroundings- room was lovely, clean, fresh and such a comfy bed.The breakfast was to die for- what more can we stay except Thank You for a wonderful stay and all your help.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

To a wonderful family,

Thank you for making our stay feel like home. my sister and i will always remember our lovely times together and your hospitality. We always came back to a clean room, warm cup of tea and looked forward to a super yummy breakfast and fresh berries.

Thank you and it was a true pleasure to have met you.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I stayed here with a friend for one night during a trip to the NEC to visit the Motorcycle show. I found the accommodation to be spotlessly clean, room was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. It place had a very homely atmosphere that, in my opinion, makes it a more enjoyable stay compared to the normal hotel chain brands you find around the area.

Julie, the host was extremely pleasant, helpful and accommodating, providing us with bus details and the name and directions to a nice pub for an evening meal.

We travelled there on the motorbikes and Julie allowed us to leave our gear there in a secure room rather than have to carry it around all day with us during the show. This was a massive help.

If you are visiting the NEC or the local area I would strongly recommend the Black Firs guesthouse.

I will be returning myself, next time I ever have the need to visit the NEC or surrounding area.

To Julie & staff - thank you so much for a lovely, stress free stay.

James.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Lovely welcome. Very friendly and helpful land lady. Room lovely and warm and clean. Splendid breakfast. Will definitely go again when visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3.0 km away
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#28 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Black Firs Guesthouse? Share your experiences!