“Great stay”
other travellers have booked this property
ASH Room.  This is a double room and is located on the ground floor, with its own private bathroom.
Guest Lounge, with big leather sofas and cushions.  Books, magazines and fruit is available here. Fully fitted kitchen, including cooker, hob, extractor, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
One of three stylish bathrooms, located on the ground floor, with complimentary White Co. toiletries
View from the Kitchen window.
New Weber BBQ at The Old Joinery
OAK Room.  This has a KingSize bed and en-suite bathroom, with stunning views over open countryside.
One of three stylish bathrooms, located on the first floor with complimentary White Co toiletries.
View from one of the bedroom windows at The Old Joinery.
ELM Room.  This is a twin room with en-suite bathroom and stunning views over open countryside.
View from The Old Joinery - The Cherhill White Horse.
Converted barn style building, set back from the main house, renovated to an extremely high standard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Cottage -
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6
Cherhill, Calne, Wiltshire, England

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 80 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Any
HertsJenn...
Herts
“Great stay”
Reviewed August 2, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Easy to find at the side of the A4 (although the Old Joinery is set back slightly from the main road), the Black Horse pub is literally opposite, but the entrance is a little hidden, so slow down in good time.

My husband and I chose to stay here for his 60th birthday weekend, and had a fabulous time. The view of the white horse, monument and hills from the breakfast room is beautiful. We were lucky with the weather, and found lots to do nearby. We had a great morning at Devizes Caen Hill locks on the Avon and Kennet canal, saw Silbury Hill, the West Kennet Long Barrow, Avebury, Marlborough etc etc, and my husband had two hours of fantastic microlighting at GS Aviation just south of Marlborough. Although there is a small microlight centre in Yatesbury, a mile from the B&B, I think we made the right choice as there were several different fixed wing microlights to choose from as well as the flexiwing. He certainly had a day to remember.

Nicola and Paul were great hosts, and we thoroughly enjoyed the tea and cake when we arrived, beautiful breakfasts and recommendations for local restaurants for meals. They also gave us phone numbers for taxis. They couldn't have been more helpful.

On my husband's birthday, Nicola brought out glasses of bucks fizz at breakfast which really set the tone for the whole day, and in fact the whole weekend. It couldn't have gone better!

My only (very slight) gripe, would be that the Oak room we stayed in with the king size bed had sloping ceilings which meant there wasn't a lot of head room around the bed, and in the bathroom headroom was restricted at the basin and for men at the toilet.. This didn't spoil our enjoyment however, and the overall fixtures and fittings were of a very high standard. All immaculate (the property hasn't been open a year yet) and everything you might want was at hand.

A fabulous few days that we'll remember for a long time!

Travelling group: Couples
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a weekend to remember.
Dunny1002...
Derby
“A Wonderful Place to Stay!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

The welcome was very friendly on arrival and I felt nothing was too much trouble. Once inside, the standard of my room was excellent with all of the furnishings and finish being of very high quality. There was a great pub across the road and I had a great evening meal and a good chat with the Landlord - Bob.
Breakfast the next morning was excellent also. I will definitely be back.

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.
carolineg...
Muscat, Oman
“I hope I get the chance to stay here again”
Reviewed July 18, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

I stayed at The Old Joinery on the night of a friend's wedding. I live overseas, so was keen to find somewhere homely in the English countryside, which I miss so much. I struck gold with The Old Joinery - it was perfect! Spotlessly clean, stunning countryside surroundings and wonderful hospitality. It's not often you get a freshly brewed cuppa when you arrive! The owners were incredibly friendly and helpful and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. If you're looking for a play to stay in or around Calne, you don't need to look anywhere else. I hope I get to go back again someday.

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Old Joinery and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in the UK.
Bobbylimb...
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Such a wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed July 11, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We booked The Old Joinery as it was close by to a sponsored walk that we were doing in Avebury, and boy, and I am glad that we did as what a find it was!

As there were 6 of us, we were lucky enough to book the whole place out and it meant that it felt like a real home from home as all 3 double rooms are in a converted barn type building at the back of the owner's property and so completely stand-alone.

There is no expense spared with the accommodation and everything is spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. I loved the little details such as slippers and robes in the rooms, The White Company linens, towels and toiletries, the box full of board games and kids games in the living room and the little handmade polar bears on the ends of each bed!

Nicola and her husband, the owners, simply can't do enough to help you and the cooked breakfasts, done on the Aga, are wonderful and filling! I particularly loved the welcome tea and homemade cake!! Although breakfast isn't usually served until 7.30am, they both got up early for us to ensure that we had a full breakfast before our sponsored walk, even though that meant a 6am breakfast time! So many places wouldn't have cared and simply left us with cereals and fruit - if we were lucky! They also go to the trouble to have a folder full of any sort of info you may want, from where to eat (complete with guest reviews!) to bus timetables, nearest supermarkets and places of interest. They also re-arranged their weekend plans to let us stay on the Friday night as well as the Saturday, and we're so grateful to them that they did, as The Old Joinery is one of the best places I've stayed at in a LONG time!!

Travelling group: Friends
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your weekend and that the sponsored walk went well. Hope to see you again one day.
Paleflier
Liphook, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place to stay- We would recommend this place highly”
Reviewed June 13, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Great Hospitality. Fabulous rooms decorated and equipped to a high standard. Thoughtful touches like loan umbrellas for guests to use, Boxes of confetti for guests who had forgotten their own saved us embarrassment later! Superb breakfasts with ingredients sourced from local farms. The Old Joinery is well located and about three minutes drive from the town of Calne. There is a nice Pub literally across the road which served good food with a good selection of Ales. Laid back, relaxed breakfasts served in a light airy conservatory, with fabulous views over the rolling hills of Wiltshire. Cycle friendly too - with bike washing facilities, drying rooms and bike storage. This is definitely the place to stay if you have a reason to be in Calne..... Excellent!

Travelling group: Family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again one day.
daleandla...
Seaford, United Kingdom
“This place is a little haven away from home”
Reviewed May 30, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

The Old Joinery is a lovely little place in the heart of this country's beautiful countryside.
The warm welcome we received from this family run business was what makes this place even more of a joy to stay at, they could not of done enough for our small family.
The accomadation is well above the 4 star rating that this has received and is very much worthy of 5.
The surrounding countryside is fantastic and would entice the most avid walker/moutain biker.
Overall as you can tell we loved it and would recomend a stay here to everyone and will be looking forward to returning to this lovely place in the near future.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I'm glad that you all enjoyed your stay at The Old Joinery - we certainly enjoyed having you (especially your Beautiful Daughter). Hope to see you all again in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing