Review Highlights

from US$295.00
from US$49.99
from US$29.00
More Info
All reviews great beach hotel colibri spent the afternoon beach bar favorite beach palm trees pretty beach sand waves beaches sailboat road las shack paradise snorkeling pesos
Reviewed 5 days ago

My husband and I just arrived home from a 7 days vacation here. Blue clear water with Palm Trees all around. Lots of shade and for November time it was totally empty. We had the beach pretty much to our self, which was great and quiet. We walked to the end of it which there is a pretty mountain and the waves crashes on it. The other side you can walk miles and miles with great views. The only place I didn't like it was at the center of Las Terrenas. The water was dirty, it was too noisy, but passing this section the beach is really pretty. We had a nice time and I took hundreds of photos.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful view but there is a polluted river right on this beach, lots of dogs getting in the water, family left with skin itching after only 1 hr, don't go there.

1  Thank William R
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Overall, a nice beach with no waves and clear blue water. I thought beach could be a little cleaner. Plenty of loungers that you need to pay for and there are some small restaurants selling lunch food. Not crowded at all and a very quiet family beach to relax. Not my favorite beach in Las Terrenas but an average beach.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

This playa is a common destination for locals. Lots of eats/drinks to enjoy, and one can rent a sailboat or kayak as well.

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

There are loads of beaches in Las Terrenas. Some are better for surfing, some are very quiet, some are very calm for swimming. Playa Ballenas is a beautiful, clean, long stretch of beach. It has some wonderful beach bars and restaurants with lounge chairs. It is a perfect swimming/snorkeling beach. It’s not too quiet, which makes for fun people watching...if you like that sort of thing.

1  Thank Exploration272710
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

This is a very pretty beach with little restaurants a long the beach.It has no waves so is perfect for kids .I went in June and it was empty .It feels really private but I guess it was not the high season .I will recommend it !

Reviewed May 2, 2018

A long clean beach thats quiet and makes a very pleasant walk along the waterside as you can walk for miles without tiring and with hardly another person to trouble your calm thoughts

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Beautiful beach in Las Terrenas. Parking can be tricky but once you find beach access is straightforward

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Loved this place. Find a place to rent chairs. Makes it even better we stayed at the left end of the beach as it was rough when we were there. The left end was somewhat calm even when the rest of the beach was quite rough.

1  Thank Highclasslowrent
Reviewed January 11, 2018

This was the first beach we went to and we would have loved to have gone back but there were too many things to do!!

1  Thank jo_birnbaum