Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Samana Diving - Day Class tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Samana Diving - Day Class
from US$55.00
More Info
All reviews an excellent instructor open water certification an amazing experience roy eel padi teacher
Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

I recently completed my Open Water Diver course with Roy at Samana Diving and it was such a fun experience! Roy is a fantastic teacher with a ton of diving knowledge under his belt. His calm demeanor was extremely helpful whenever I'd get a bit nervous doing some of the techniques for the first time. He has a laid back attitude which made the course fun but also focused on quality and ensuring that PADI rules were followed and that I was completing everything that I needed to. He was very flexible in terms of when I could complete certain aspects of the course and even did a dive with me on a Sunday to fit my schedule even though it was his day off.

The boat skipper they use is also knowledgeable in diving and was very professional.

I would highly recommend this dive shop to everyone who wants a positive diving or snorkeling experience in Las Terrenas.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

My wife & I had a wonderful time diving with "Samana Diving" out of Las Terrenas, DR. We hadn't dived in a few years, but any reservations we had about going again were quickly removed once we met up with Josue & Paola, and went out on first dive with Roy & David (our divemasters). Josue answered any questions we had before we got there (email). They only do small groups (up to 4), and for all our dives with them, it was just my wife & me (and 2 of them). I can't say enough positive things about Roy -- he was excellent; and David was great & attentive also. Since we hadn't dived for a while, Roy made us feel very much at ease with his relaxed & easy going personality. His knowledge, flexibility & "down to earth" attitude in dealing with us quickly brought back our confidence and we had some wonderful dives.

We took advantage of their 2 day X 2 tank dive package on March 29th & 30th (2017). After our dives, Roy talk to us about the "DuDu Cave" dive site if we were interested in doing some more diving while we were in Samana. Back at our resort we decided to do this dive and contacted Josue again to book this dive for the following Monday (April 3rd). Firstly, this dive was really awesome -- something we thought we'd never do (and almost backed out because of more apprehension about diving in a cave/tunnel), but we stuck with it, and again Roy was so reasurring & patient. This time Jay was with us for his first dive with this dive centre, and who gave us comfort knowing there was someone following behind us through the caves. By the way, the cave tunnels are fairly large (15m X 10m), so we didn't feel claustrophobic & coming up into the "cavern" was so cool.

So when we showed up for the "cave" dive, we found out that Josue & Paola had sold the business and it transferred to the new owner over the weekend. We briely met the owner who has another dive centre (Prodiver Maui), and now Samana Diving is a part of this operation, but it appears that Roy will now also take on managing Samana Diving.

Also, we would like to thank Captain Machon who was a very helpful & capable dive boat operater, and Santos (our taxi driver) who was very competent & careful -- we had to drive through a number of busy towns, and up over the Samana pennisula mountain range (you can only know what I mean if you've done it).

And, a special thanks again to Josue, Paola & Roy for setting us up with a great dive experience.

Date of experience: March 2017
2  Thank Greg W
Reviewed April 30, 2017

Belated review, but my son and I had connected with Samana Diving by email before departing for our Samana holiday. We got all the information we needed, and we were able to connect with Josue once we arrived, and then proceeded to spend a couple of days in a great setting for the theory, pool, and open dive lessons. Josue and his wife were very welcoming and easy to deal with, and Josue was particularly thorough in the training and certification steps.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Awesome trip, fun in the pool learning the basics like taking your first breath under water, aswell as the most amazing trip out to the "whale Islands" where we got to see all sorts of fish and stuff!

Great experience and great instructors!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Best thing I've done in Las Terrenas, the best instructor we could've had, Jay, took us on a really special trip down in the ocean! Just a really awesome day!

Date of experience: April 2017