All reviews vancouver island wonderful hosts local attractions wedding venue treated like family home away from home visiting friends views are spectacular every morning beautiful property campbell river highly recommend this b b old friends farm fresh eggs ocean view lovely home stayed longer
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just got married at Two eagles lodge on June 17, 2017.

We spent alot of time trying to find a place that was accommodating for the big family wedding, the music being played and the parking.

Carolyn and Steve both went above and beyond for us and made the day so much easier. If it wasn't for their advise and help I know things wouldn't of went as smooth.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Eagle2E, Owner at Two Eagles Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Brittany--It was our pleasure! I'm glad we could be a part of your beautiful celebration and had the opportunity to meet your families, which are now one. Wishing you and Harold years of many more beautiful memories together! Thank you for telling others about us and for this review, too! Cheers!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

We drove over 1,000 miles from California to the Two Eagles Lodge. It was worth the drive! Not only are the hosts Carolyn and Steve welcoming, gracious, and fun, they are extremely skilled at reading their guests needs. I had never been to a B&B. I was a little nervous about the whole process. Within five minutes of arrival I felt completely at ease. I really can't say enough about how much fun Carolyn and Steve are! My son loved the hoses and chickens, but most of all, his new best friend Robbie.
I made more than memories at the Two Eagles Lodge, I made friends.
Thank you Carolyn and Steve!!! You guys are amazing!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Carolyn2e, Owner at Two Eagles Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Serene--I'm so sorry I did not get an alert that your review posted so I could reply in a timely fashion. Nonetheless, THANK YOU for not only choosing Two Eagles but for leaving this awesome review with so much detail. Yes, you did make friends! We must catch up! We really look forward to seeing you all again! Come right after Christmas when the house is all decorated and the snow is great at Mount Washington!!!?!?!?! In the meantime, thanks for telling others about us and best wishes for continued success with your business! Cheers, Carolyn & Steve

Reviewed June 10, 2017

After 3 weeks of exploring Vancouver Island and NW British Columbia, we needed some R&R! And we found that perfect paradise in the award-winning Two Eagles. Our private entranced suite faced east across Baynes Sound towards endless snow-capped Mountains! We awoke to magnificient sunrises and refreshing breezes.Our remarkable hosts, Carolyn and Steve, enthusiasticly shared their love for Vancouver Island. Following their suggestions, we enjoyed excursions to Mt. Washington, estuary walks, bird-watching, and barbecuing our salmon dinners. (quite a treat after days on the road) So If you are looking for comfort, tranquility, solitude, a central location, wildlife sightings, a room with a priceless view, delicious breakfasts, and an accomodation that lives up to its reputation, put Two Eagles on your Bucket List! Grateful to Carolyn and Steve for a most memorable stay! We love Two Eagles! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Room tip: all rooms are wonderful. we loved the suite for our extended stay.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eagle2E, Owner at Two Eagles Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Alexandra--Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us as part of your adventure, but for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review for other travelers considering Two Eagles Lodge. We are truly committed to making our guests' experience a memorable one and enjoy sharing our love of this island with others. We do hope you two will come to spend more time with us again and appreciate you telling others about Two Eagles Lodge in the meantime. Enjoy your future travels!

Reviewed June 7, 2017

We celebrated our 32nd anniversary at the Two Eagles Lodge in Union Bay, BC on Saturday, May 27th. It was a beautiful sunny day, so we walked around the 12-acre waterfront hobby-farm, that has an amazing view overlooking the ocean waters of Baynes Sound and Denman Island. .
We met a couple from New York and another from Scotland.
We had an enjoyable and relaxing afternoon, and took photos of eagles, sea lions, Canada geese, fed carrots to their 2 horses (Angel & Koda) and had visits from their dog Cosmo. We also walked across the road and went down to the beach.
We took a 10 minute drive to Courtenay to have dinner at the Whistle Stop Pub, where we tried their Stonegrill dinner (as recommended by Carolyn). We each ordered an 8oz. AAA Filet Mignon, which was served cooking at the table on super-heated natural volcanic stones. Where we got to sear and cook our steak to our liking. The natural volcanic stone retains a prime cooking temperature for 30 minutes. Was pretty cool (I mean HOT).
After dinner, we sat in the front yard and sipped on champagne over-looking the gorgeous view and watched the sunset.
Breakfast on the front porch was amazing, with an omelette made with farm fresh eggs & ground pork (with special seasonings & fresh herbs), plus pancakes, yogurt & granola, fresh fruit, steel-cut oatmeal, toast, coffee, juice, etc.
Carolyn & Steve were the best hosts, and hopefully we will see our new friends again soon.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eagle2E, Owner at Two Eagles Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Thank you for not only choosing to celebrate your anniversary at Two Eagles, but for taking the time to write such a detailed review for the benefit of other guests considering our place. We also hope we will see you again soon...and hope you'll come back to stay for a future getaway. Valentine's Day?!?! Cheers & Thank You!

Reviewed June 4, 2017

Carolyn and Steve are lovely, welcoming hosts. They share their love and knowledge with guests and breakfasts are amazing! We had a breakfast to go on our last morning and it was more than sufficient.The rooms are spacious and clean and the views are stunning.

Room tip: All rooms have views.
Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am so sorry for the delay in this "Thank You" for your review, but the new TripAdvisor system no longer emails me when I have a new review. Anyway, Martha--Thank you for not only choosing Two Eagles, but for taking the time to write your review for others to know about us. We truly enjoyed meeting you both and look forward to seeing you again! Stay in touch! Cheers, Carolyn & Steve