“Unacceptable lack of communication ”

Sorrento Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #26 of 119 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

A group of 9 of us had a reservation for dinner on Wednesday 4th April for our daughter’s 30th birthday. I had a concern or two prior to us even arriving in Airlie Beach as it had taken a few messages from me before they responded with a confirmed booking.
I sent a further 2 messages to ask for a birthday cake and when I finally got a response it was to let me know that due to Storm Iris, it was possible they would have to close but they would let me know on the Wednesday.
A few of our group then took a walk to the restaurant on the Wednesday and told us it was closed with large parts taped off. This is completely acceptable under the circumstances however not letting us know, in fact I’m still waiting for them to message me, isn’t acceptable. I messaged them at 2.48 on the day of our booking to ask if they were closed and I have not been given the courtesy of a reply.
We all felt badly let down by Sorrento and disappointed that they clearly didn’t value our custom enough to contact us.
However, the silver lining in this cloud is that we ate at Fish D’vine and it was fantastic, the service was brilliant and the food amazing, they will be getting a 5 star review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Ordered the ratatouille to start and pasta for main. The starter was amazing and full of flavour, while the pasta was really good but not quite on the same level.

Really good food though & offered some much needed vegan options.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We visited Sorrento Restaurant for lunch on Tuesday last week for our daughter's Birthday. The views are just heavenly, we could have stayed all afternoon but our 17 mth old had other ideas. The meals are very fairly priced and the food itself very fresh with generous serves. I had the Coral Trout which just melted in your mouth. Their is a pathway to walk around the Marina one way or along to Coral Sea Resort the other direction. Their Piña Colada cocktail was divine! Definitely on the return visit list!

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We were a bit afraid to try this place after reading a very negative response but so glad we did. Service was good and food was very good! We shared an entree of prawns and scallops then shared a prawn pizza. More than enough and all excellent.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

We came across this restaurant on our return from an island excursion and we were looking for somewhere to have dinner. The restaurant was upstairs and we were able to be seated at a table overlooking the bay where we were able to experience a beautiful sunset and a warm balmy evening.
The menu appeared to be extensive, but we decided to order the special of the day which was Tasmanian salmon with beautifully cooked potatoes, heritage carrots and beets. The accompanying sauce was delicious and we enjoyed every mouthful. The Leuwin Estate wine and coffees were perfect accompaniments to the meal. We thought the price was reasonable for the quality of the meal and prices were comparable to other good restaurants in the area. Service was good and we enjoyed our short post dinner walk along the boardwalk back to the centre of town. We would certainly return again..