Peter is a great guy and is so welcoming, friendly and helpful. We loved the beds and that they had convenient shelves for each bed and sliding doors to let air in. The hostel isn't a party hostel which we personally enjoy but at the same time you can still drink alcohol and there is a bar and quiz night which is quite fun. You can get breakfast for $3 which is either continental with fruit or eggs and toast which I've never seen as an option in a hostel before. The bathrooms were clean and the showers were the best of any hostel in Australia in my 15 months. The pictures of half naked men were amusing in the bathroom too! The hammocks are a great lounging place and the patio area in general is relaxing. Some people might complain about the 5 minute walk into town from the hostel but it is so worth it to be away from the hustle and bustle of the town and all the drunkards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 400 metres from the main street, on the top of a small hill, Backpackers By The Bay has awesome ocean views and offers a very social, warm and relaxed atmosphere. Accommodation is available in four share rooms, one 8 share and doubles. Linen is provided and all rooms are serviced daily. Airconditioning is included during the warmer months (mid Sept to mid May) The hostel has a saltwater swimming pool which is surrounded by hammocks, sun-lounges and palm trees as well as a huge sunbaking deck. A fully equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery and utensils is provided, as is a laundry. The games room has internet access and pool table. Each night, during 'happy hour' the staff hold social activities to help guests meet each other - these include: *Team trivia competitions with the winners receiving a bottle of champagne. * Wii Sports competitions including Bowling, Tennis, Golf, Baseball and Boxing * Killer Pool comps After all the fun and games, relax and watch a movie on the ONLY outdoor cinema in Airlie Beach (Sunday and Tuesday nights) With the best local knowledge of all the tours in the Whitsundays we can help you choose the best trip for your needs. By the Bay is not affiliated with any tour opperators so we don't force any boat on you. We give you all the info and let YOU pick. We also offer a free nights accommodation and free luggage storage with every overnight sailing tour booked with us The friendly and helpful staff look forward to meeting you! *FREE Courtesy bus service meeting all coaches(between 7am-7:30pm). *FREE Tea and Coffee *FREE Wii Sports game *FREE quiz for a bottle of champagne every night! *FREE hammocks, sunlounges and BBQ use *FREE accommodation and storage (with every overnight trip booked) *FREE linen supplied to all beds *FREE unbiased tour advice- often at standby or discounted prices *FREE Fully equipped kitchen - all cutlery, crockery, pots and pans provided at no charge!!! *FREE Off street parking *FREE WiFi available, two hours on arrival ($4 per 24 hour login logout) *Laundry room with washers, dryer, ironing board and iron *Lounge/TV room with wet weather movie days organized *All rooms serviced daily *Lending library *Safe and secure 24 hour access ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Backpackers by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers By The Bay Hotel Airlie Beach
- Backpackers By The Bay Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands, Australia