The Black Swan Inn
Solberge Hall Hotel(Newby Wiske)
US$111
TripAdvisor
Priceline
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I booked this Hotel because I had an appointment in Thirsk early the next day and was pleasantly surprised.

This Hotel is reasonably priced, the rooms are very clean and light. The Restaurant serves an excellent choice on the menu at an exceptional quality.

I will definately revisit when I return to the North Yorkshire area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lesdolan
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Needed an overnight stay in the Northallerton area and found this little gem owned by Peter & Angela Wood. Hence the name "Woody's" for their fabulous restaurant. We had already eaten our main meal of the day and only wanted a light bite that evening. The restaurant was busy but it was no trouble for them when we asked for something off the "Lunchtime Menu." We had one smoked salmon, prawn and cream cheese Chiabata and a steak and red onion Chiabata. Both came with salad and oven baked chips. Huge portions and the quality was excellent. Judging by the full restaurant it is obviously a popular place to dine.

The room was well appointed, tea/coffee/biscuits, television, WiFi Internet access and ensuite bath/shower. Clean and comfortable. Very quiet village location so undisturbed good nights sleep.

Good choice at breakfast. We had the full breakfast and the quantity and quality was excellent. We would not hesitate to recommend this B&B restaurant and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brian_elaine_bowman
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We had planned to stay in Leeds for the Royal Armouries but finished our tour early. We had no WiFi service so I called my brother and asked him to look for a small pub B and B and he came up with the Black Swan. The room was rather on the small size but had everything we needed, the foyer and stairs leading to it are rather shabby so I was happy to see the room very clean and neat.
The bed was comfortable. We had an excellent dinner and breakfast --the good food was a big surprise. Staff/owner very friendly--wouldhighly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ArizonaYorks
Reviewed January 25, 2010

It’s a little bit out of the way but I have to say The Black Swan is a cracking little pub/hotel. It has a restaurant attached to it called Woodys, not sure why but the food is good!
I arrived late, strictly speaking too late for an evening meal but I phoned ahead and the staff said that would be fine and so it was - very good quality. My room, one of four, was well layed out and comfortable - and just as important free wifi with a good signal strength. The breakfast was again very good.

Would I stay again? Yes without a doubt. If you are ever in "Herriot Country" stop over at the Black Swan near Northallerton.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank sdcsmith2000
Reviewed October 14, 2008

We stayed one night at this pub, restaurant and inn in the small village of Thornton-le-Moor while visiting relatives in the area. There are only a few rooms above the pub and restaurant, decorated in a modern style with a quality bed, flatscreen TV and DVD player, clean modern ensuite bathroom with a powerful, hot power shower. The only possible criticism is our room was quite "compact".

The restaurant is highly rated and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there, excellent food with generous portions, plus a varied wine list. Breakfast (full english) was again good quality fare.

Would highly recommend this for those who like quiet, out of the way places (in the morning all you could hear were the sheep bleating across the fields!).

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank LandyLover