“Not very good”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Nice decor and friendly team however the food was far from the "fine dining" promised. The steak was oozing oil over the plate. Also very disappointed that I asked for an extra piece of bread before the dinner - it arrived late and went uneaten and I was then surprised to be charged $5 for it on my final bill. Nobody had mentioned I would be charged $5 when I ordered the bread. The server said sorry but made no offer to take $5 off.

1  Thank Hampton1972

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

I'm so disappointed I have been going to platform one for years and lately it's been hit and miss.
Today was busy but the service was not good to much attention paid on big spenders and not enough on the average people.
I asked could I get something or change was flatly refused upon over hearing big spenders say they modify everything for me I get what I want.
Well I don't the food was average and I felt totally disappointed in fact a bit invisible.
So I'm giving platform one the flick as I'm just as important my money is just as good and that why there was no tip.

1  Thank Robin G
Reviewed September 15, 2017

This was awesome. Original Victorian train carriage, we were seated near a little window so we could see the other carriage and the bistro next door. Although right next to the bistro, couldn't hear any noise coming from there. The lighting was gentle enough for for my husband (he has eye problems), the wait staff were amazing and the food was divine. Definitely go back there.

1  Thank Anne G
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My wife and I had the seafood platter for 2 and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The price was a little more than i expected however lots of food on the platter. Staff where friendly and ensured we had a wonderful night.

1  Thank Jason G
Reviewed July 3, 2017

We went to Bankstown Sports Club for a show of one of our favourite artists and so decided to have dinner at Platform One, not expecting too much as it is a club. The service was very good, good selections on the menu and the food well cooked and delicious. Not a great deal of selection of wines by the glass, but prices were reasonable which they aren't in most places. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Platform One and will definitely go back there. The railway carriages are a novelty if you book one of those to eat in.

1  Thank Glenda D