All reviews beer garden the pub boutique section coogee bay across the road boutique hotel beach bar king size bed outside area spacious room continental breakfast would stay again great spot an upgrade sydney ocean suburb
Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

Stayed with a group of mates and used this as our base for the AFL and the Randwick races. Pub attached is a great pub with food and entertainment. You cannot hear the noise of the pub in you room witch is great if u need that extra sleep. Room clean as tidy with bathrooms and Foxtel. One room had an ocean view which would be a good room for a weekend away with the partner. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2016

What a great location across the road from Coogee Beach but such an ordinary bistro with a very boring menu. Ordered the buffalo wings for a starter, the wings were ok, nothing exciting but they came with a disgusting blue cheese aioli, it tasted like plastic dead socks if there is such a thing, I have had blue cheese dressings before which I quite like but this was horrible, anyway the wings didn't need the sauce.
Then we both decided on the beef burger because the seafood options were so expensive. The beef burger was fine but for $21 it was nothing out of the ordinary, chips were greasy, could taste a coating of fat in my mouth for the rest of the afternoon, overall it was a disappointing lunch. Come of guys, you have a great looking pub with great facilities and views, lift you game with the bistro and the pricing.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig V
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

Love, love, love this hotel! Beautiful views! Great rooms! Very convenient to both beach (across the street) and bus service to downtown Sydney. Nice cafe and pub located in the hotel. The staff absolutely make this hotel like a home away from home. I became very sick the day of our departure and we had several hours from normal checkout time to when our flight back to the US departed. The staff were so kind by generously allowing us to stay in our room for all of those hours, which made me so much more comfortable. So appreciate how wonderful they all were! Highly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2016

We visited the hotel for lunch on Anzac Day, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We had checked out a few other Menus on the way there, and found there menu to be the best. Our lunch came out in a timely manner, and tasted delicious, it was a nice day, so it was really nice to sit back relax and enjoy. The only suggestion would be small flat cushions on the seats, I think that would complete the experience, will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2016

As a local who had not been to the Coogee Bay for quite a while, I thought on a perfect autumn day I would take my mother out for lunch.
Firstly the menu trying too hard to be like the new foodie restaurants, minimal and not exciting.

When we finally decided on lunch, fish and chips and rump steak

The steak was ok except not cooked to order and the mushroom sauce tasted like it was from a packet and my mother's fish and chips were more like fish fingers and cold chips not even eatable!

The only thing that made it a nice day was the cold glass of white wine, beer and the view.

The owners need to go back to the drawing board and build a menu based on its clientele, maybe some customer surveys.

Very disappointed, I will go back, but not to eat.

Room Tip: did not stay there
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family