“Good But Pricey”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2017

Basically, 5 star food, 3 star service. The dining room is in the Imperial Hotel and visually is very nice. The lamb I had was beautiful, and my husband stated his steak was one of the best he has had. Both meals were close to $40 each. That being said, the service is not up to scale with the meals. There is table service, however it's not great, and whilst they are friendly enough, it's very pub like yet the prices are not. When we finished our evening, we asked for the bill, but were advised to pay at the counter. The waitress then reads out aloud everything on your bill and you pay, which is very RSL and not in keeping with the food or the prices.

3  Thank Elizabeth T

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

After a long and busy day I wanted something really tasty to eat in a relaxed and friendly environment. I was not disappointed! The restaurant was busy with two bigs groups in but that meant there was a real buzz about the place and also got the juices flowing as I saw the food coming out - they say you eat with your eyes! I had the pork belly and my friend had the steak. Neither one of us prepared to share as our choices were so good. The staff were lovely and service was quick. Would thoroughly recommend for a pleasurable end to any day!

1  Thank Candice E
Reviewed January 30, 2017

My wife & I dined here on Saturday night. We had previously dined at Lot 31 several times in its old location across the road and always had a good food and service. Although the atmosphere is now different at the Imperial Pub, and the menu has changed to suit a gastro pub, the food is still good. We went all out and ordered the Tomahawk Steak for 2 - 1 kilo of Rib Eye. It was amazing, perfectly cooked and served with the signature Fat Chips, and a great Pepper sauce. I had to pick up the bone and get every last bit of it. The service was exceptional from Justine, constantly checking if everything was to our liking. She was excited when we ordered the Tomahawk Steak, and the look of envy from the other diners we she brought it out to us was an added bonus. Definitely will be dining here again.

2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed January 19, 2017

This restaurant has delicious food and priced right too. It moved to the Old Mill where it traded for a few months and then the purchase of the Imperial Hotel by the owners had the restaurant moved into the hotel. Can highly recommend this eatery.

2  Thank Annette P
Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

We discovered when we got to Cowra that Lot 31 had moved into the Imperial pub. The food was good, with locally sourced beef and lamb. Service was friendly and helpful. We ate in the pub one night, as the dining room was fully booked. This was fairly basic but had everything we needed. Another night we ate in the dining room, which had a good atmosphere and surroundings.