“Great local meals”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2017

This place is now inside the Imperial Hotel and is easy to access through the front doors. It is a quiet and intimate area away from the main pub and has window views of the street. The portion sizes are very generous and the meal is very filling. Local meats area available and the local Cowra 400g rump is a great meal. The staff are welcoming and friendly. It is good value for money and you definitely will not starve at this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Brisbane41

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Visited with my partner for dinner on a Tuesday night and I was surprised how busy it was mid week. I had pasta which was lovely and my partner had roasted lamb.

Service was fast and friendly and a single waiter managed the whole room very well.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 9, 2017

Lot 31 Bar and Restaurant has moved across the road to the Imperial Hotel. Please don't be put off - you can enter the restaurant without going into the bar in case you are nervous about this. The menu had plenty of choices although desserts were limited to 4 choices - but that was all that was needed, we were pretty full by that stage! My Cowra lamb was perfect, juicy, falling off the bone, well supported by good fresh vegetables. A big meal. My husband's Wagyu steak - his first ever - was cooked to perfection, and was delicious. The staff were knowledgeable about the wine list and gave good advice about options. Almost all wines are available by the glass, including sparkling. There are local Cowra wines on offer here which is a nice way of tasting something new. The restaurant offers a bistro service for the Hotel but this in no way detracts from the quality of the food, the speed and efficiency of service. The staff were excellent, professional and friendly. We had a wonderful meal here to end our holiday. We would definitely return.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank N0madOne
Reviewed April 29, 2017

Basically, 5 star food, 3 star service. The dining room is in the Imperial Hotel and visually is very nice. The lamb I had was beautiful, and my husband stated his steak was one of the best he has had. Both meals were close to $40 each. That being said, the service is not up to scale with the meals. There is table service, however it's not great, and whilst they are friendly enough, it's very pub like yet the prices are not. When we finished our evening, we asked for the bill, but were advised to pay at the counter. The waitress then reads out aloud everything on your bill and you pay, which is very RSL and not in keeping with the food or the prices.

Date of visit: April 2017
3  Thank E2848PZelizabetht
Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

After a long and busy day I wanted something really tasty to eat in a relaxed and friendly environment. I was not disappointed! The restaurant was busy with two bigs groups in but that meant there was a real buzz about the place and also got the juices flowing as I saw the food coming out - they say you eat with your eyes! I had the pork belly and my friend had the steak. Neither one of us prepared to share as our choices were so good. The staff were lovely and service was quick. Would thoroughly recommend for a pleasurable end to any day!

Date of visit: April 2017