“Service and food was the best I experienced in Australia.”
Review of Sushi n Co.

Sushi n Co.
Ranked #25 of 101 Restaurants in Katoomba
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Description: Casual al a cart Japanese dining with table service. Relaxed atmosphere. Open sushi, sashimi bar. Friendly staff with "yes I can attitude". Serving Japanese cuisine favourites.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My daughter and I visited Katoomba for 2 days and we dined at Sushi and Co. 2 nights in a row. We eat sushi 3 times a week and are from Hawaii/America where fish is very fresh and where we customarily tip. When traveling outside of my country I try to do research as to not offend other countries. We spent 14 days in NZ and 4 in Australia. I noticed that service was not as good as it is in the US. I wondered if it was because tipping was not expected (but you can if you want to) in other countries and that is why service was not as good. Sushi and Co. not only had the best service but the sushi was prepared as an art form. I appreciated seeing a woman sushi chef knowing that it is rare in that industry. I also appreciated seeing the owner/manager there on both nights that we was there. It showed that his restaurant was important to him and he was active in all aspects of the running of his restaurant. Sushi and Co. is a small restaurant and I highly suggest you make a reservation or arrive early in the evening. There is a sushi bar that can hold 6 people, maybe 5 on a walk in basis? and I noticed a lot of reserved tables and some people were turned away or had to order takeaway. It is not a fancy restaurant but it is clean, the service is excellent, and the food is fresh, and it is fairly priced. It is BYOB. It is also the highest ranking restaurant on Google for Katoomba and the #1 Sushi restaurant for TripAdvisor in Katoomba at the time of this review.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Food was yum and well presented. Reasonable prices. Waited for over 40 minutes for it to be served and didn’t get to eat together because all dishes arrived at different times after already waiting so long.
Won’t come back with a group again

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Had a great lunch here which was perfectly presented and super fresh. Super friendly staff. I love sashimi! Only thing I would add is please provide gluten free tamari or soy as an option as that would really help those of us who can't eat wheat.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Top shelf and large portion for a person with my big appetite! Centrally located in Main Street. Clean and efficient

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

I had been wanting to try this place for so long and when I did I was so disappointed and ill. I ordered a dragon roll which listed the ingredients as eel. After a 20 minute wait during which time the owner seemed to do nothing but abuse the staff the dragon roll arrived packed with seafood extender too which I have an allergy. I asked for my money back and the owner insisted that it was my responsibility too check which ingredients where in what. It's not and I insisted on my money back! I eventually got it after he asked his staff how much it cost. Apart from the dangerous and irresponsible manner in which the owner behaved he also blamed his staff for everything, had no idea what was going on and was incredibly rude.

1  Thank Blokey1
Anthony A, Owner at Sushi n Co., responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Hi Blokey 1. We are wondering if you have the correct restaurant. I, the owner don't recall our encounter, nor do my lovely staff.
It is a 'Goanna Dragon' roll on our menu. Considering it takes about 12 minutes to make the roll... a 20 minute wait is a lot longer than we need.
We use only crab sticks, a higher grade product and no, we don't pack it in. The main attraction is the eel.
On a daily basis we get allergy alerts from our customers, due to an environment so abundant with shellfish, crustaceans and seeds. So I'm at a loss as to you ordering eel when you seem to have an allergy to a type of seafood and not advising our staff? As far as the rest of the comments I do NOT abuse my staff, I certainly am not rude!

Should an occasion arise for a refund to a customer. It will be honored without question.
As far as you talking to the owner, well it makes me think you have the wrong restaurant!
But please do come in and talk with me, I'm more than happy to discuss your concerns.
The owner. Sushi n Co.