We took a train from Sydney and hiked up and down the hill with our backpacks for 10 minutes to reach this motel which was just across the road from the YHA and very near all the restaurants and supermarket. Reception was warm and friendly and stayed that way for the two days we stayed there. They even lent us an umbrella on the first night when we needed to get out for dinner in the fog and rain. The motel is a little dated but it's got a certain charm about it. Overall it's clean and comfortable with good sized room and toilet. The hot water tap on our shower burned our fingers but that was easily solved by wrapping a face towel round it. The hot breakfast on both mornings was the same but a wonderful start to the day with the fair spread and variety of food. Kudos to the cook/waitress who really deserves a raise for all that she does, especially on the hectic mornings we were there when all tables were filled. In general a plesant stay that I would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Katoomba Town Centre Motel is a proud member of the Equeva Group, established with a view to provide the Complete Accommodation Experience for every type of traveller; from individuals to extended families. Located in Katoomba, in the scenic upper Blue Mountains. Our motel is rich with culture, friendly customer service and located in the heart of Katoomba Town Centre where you can enjoy a variety of cafes, shops, galleries and walks to parks abundant with beautiful native flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Katoomba Town Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katoomba Town Centre Hotel Katoomba
- Katoomba Town Centre Blue Mountains, Australia