Kempsey Powerhouse Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Kempsey Rose Motor Inn(Kempsey)(Great Value!)
US$61
Moon River Motor Inn(Kempsey)(Great Value!)
US$65
Priceline
Mediterranean Motel(Crescent Head)
US$130
Hotels.com
Costa Rica Motel(South West Rocks)
US$89
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Motel Kempsey(Kempsey)
TripAdvisor
Stoney Holiday Park(Telegraph Point)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspa roomelectric blanketsfamily roombit datednice place to stayshort distancethe gold coastcomfortable rooman overnight stayroom serviceair conditioninggreat priceoff the highwayon site restaurantlast minutefriendly servicestayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Powerhouse Motel, Kempsey on our way to Sydney from Byron Bay on New Year's Day.
It's just off the highway, 5mins south of Kempsey, so convenient for a quick overnight stop if all accommodation in Port Macquarie is full, as was our case.
The motel looks old & dated, but our room was very clean & cooled down very quickly once we turned on the air-con. The rooms are being updated this year. Our brekkie arrived on a tray thru the hole in the wall, just like the"olden days!" The plunger coffee cost us an extra $5 though!
The owner was very helpful regarding where to eat in town on a public holiday - not many options at all. His restaurant is rated as the best in town, so we thought we'd chosen well, but it was closed due to public holiday. This was not advertised in the ad online, but it only took 5 mins to drive to town to the RSL for the largest meals I've ever seen! Share one meal between two & you'll still have leftovers!
Kempsey was closed! Port is only about 30 -45 mins away, depending on the roadworks situation.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

the below comments i find very disgusting to read.We stayed here for 2 nights and found the staff more then friendly, The motel is situated where there is bush,so yes there is the often BUSH ROACH around the area.I find it more upsetting that the people belows comment very confronting, since i was a stay the morning these people checked out and heard some confrontation going on outside to my horror found atleast 3 to 4 of them verbally abusing the manger in a very bad manner.I have never had a problem with this motel,i stay here quite frequently and will continue my stay with the powerhouse.Don't let one persons bad attitude or negativity turn you off. The staff go above and beyond to ensure your stay is pleasant.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kristie876
power465, Owner at Kempsey Powerhouse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Thankyou for your comments. There is not much we can do when a guest gets a bee in their bonnet. We understand the day travelling can take its toll on occasions (ie: arguing, heat, misleading gps directions, overdoing the drive and many more events that can change a persons normal attitude.) In this case as we have pointed out bkg 1p per rm in 3 rms and 9 arriving. Sometimes visitors new to the bush environment often don't understand what critters they may experience. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Stay in this place if you LOVE cockroaches & maggots. I had to call owner around 11PM to kill cockroaches and believe me he was able to kill 8 of them in 10mins. HORRIBLE experience the stuff is really impolite and rude. Live in here like disaster. The room was full of cockroaches. I can't bear to stay here. The accommodation is terrible. Customer Service was very poor when I complained owners wife came to fight in the morning as I put a bad review for them and she didn't like it. I feel my review was honest and wanted to let people know who are thinking about staying in this motel. Please don't waste your money to live in here. Otherwise, you will regret.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Aman Y
power465, Owner at Kempsey Powerhouse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Nice exaggeration. You rang me at 1230am because you found a bush cocky in your room. This country area has a lot of bush cockies around at night and when you were standing around late at night sneaking the children into the rooms (who you hadn't paid for) you obviously let the cockies in. I came straight over and caught three of them not ten of them. In the morning I came out to find the four of you surrounding my wife in the carpark yelling abuse, only because she asked if you would be much longer as it was past checkout time. Your verbal abuse and threats were uncalled for.
Not only did you not pay for children, you had to be reminded of checkout time, you abused my wife and then left without paying for mini bar items. Not the guest that motel owners appreciate.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

WORST experience ever!!! Cockroaches crawling everywhere. Found cockroaches eggs under the couch and maggot on the towel. You name it. Outdated room n furnitures. The so called owner of the business is extremely rude and ill-mannered. Surely bush cockroaches didn't conveniently arrive the same day as the guests and happened to lay eggs under the furniture! If you can't at least be polite to your customers, other potential customers out there have the rights to know!!! Better off sleeping in the car than staying at Kempsey Powerhouse Motel. There are videos if anyone is interested in the cockroaches n maggots

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank YjSood

So you didn't pay for the children in the rooms (3 of them in three rooms), you call me over after midnight to remove some bush cockies, you abuse my wife when she reminded you of checkout time in the morning, you then leave without paying for minibar items. You threaten us with photos of bugs you can't even identify.
I would let other guests make up their minds when they read all the other comments you are posting on all the sites. You are not the ideal guests for motel owners but we can't stop your slanderous comments

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Excellent presentation and service. Tracy and Martin run a very efficient and friendly Motel. We rang ahead and their and the arrangements were fulfilled courteously. The evening meal at the on site restaurant "The Lantern" was most enjoyable and not overpriced.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
power465, Owner at Kempsey Powerhouse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank you for leaving feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and meals. All the staff work hard to provide the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness in all the rooms, dining room and kitchen. We do hope we can help you again in the future. Travel safely and have a happy new year