“Avoid unless desperate.”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Muswellbrook
Sydney, Australia
“Avoid unless desperate.”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Old, worn out rooms with uncomfortable beds and missing fittings.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Jackoaa

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
NSW
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We booked into this motel after reading the most recent reviews on Trip Advisor, I have to say if this is the best Muswellbrook has to offer, keep driving. We got in quite late so didn't use reception to check in, key was placed under the mat. We were way up the back and finding a park was a nightmare, so we ended out on the highway. The room decore was outdated but clean (maybe others have been refurbished), the curtains didn't meet at the middle and I had to use a hair clip to keep them closed, air con was noisy, the shower dripped all night and be warned that mining contractors leave early in the morning for work. I guess I wouldn't have minded so much if the price had been comparable to the room we stayed in. Checking out was fine, the young lady at reception was lovely, but after asking if I could use Frequent Flyers I was told I could, if I paid full price (I thought $160 was full price). We didn't eat at the motels restaurant. I think we will try Scone for a motel next time we are in the Hunter Valley.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room first, you may get something better than we did.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Jane2106
Sydney
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have stayed at Noah's on a number of occasions for one or two night stays over the last two years. Over this period I have been very pleased with the level of service, and the rooms have been clean and adequate. Of course there are always things that do not meet expectations, however I usually choose to ignore them given the good often outweighs the bad.

I will usually write a good review if there is somethign that exceeds expectations, this motel has only ever met expectations, therefore nothing to complain, or write home about.

There are a few things that are at front of mind from my last stay. For the second time I have been place in room 26. This room is in the middle of two others that are right at the back entrance to the restaurants kitchen. All night until around 11pm the noise of clanging pots and noisy kitchen staff kept me awake. loud voices right outside the room shows no real consideration for guests. Interestingly, it appears management has changed, but this issue is the same.

Bathrooms and sink area's have been refurbished and looks clean, but there is still a lot of cane furniture, including the bed headboard which has discoloured from the volume of guests.

Prices have increased recently by about $30 per night.

Overall, this is one of the better motels in central Muswellbrook, and is in a very good location close to the shopping centre. I will continue to stay at Noah's, however will stay elsewhere if the only available rooms are the rooms around number 26.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 26
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Sydney
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed here with a colleague for business in June 2011.

The rooms are a little outdated, however you can see they are making improvements to the property. The beds however are fantastic - I think they must be new, as I got a really great nights sleep on it!

Staff were all very happy and helpful, especially at reception!

The restaurant is fantastic (semi-fine dining), with an awesome selection of food and beverages!

Overall - a great stay and great motel in Muswellbrook.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We were in town for a family wedding and after being completely dissatisfied with another establishment went motel shopping.
Upon arriving at Noah's we were welcomed in a friendly manner and the receptionist was only too happy to not only show us a room, but show us the full range of rooms that they offer, of which we were happy to accept the highest level.
So for the highest price, we recieved an ok room, really what you would accept. ]
We also went to the restaurant which was an enjoyable experience for the price, exactly what it should be. Please do understand that for muswellbrook it was amazing, fantastic, but it was muswellbrook so I can't give it sydney ratings.
If you find your self in the area please do be sure to visit, you won't find better!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BelDan23
The Entrance, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Really expected more of a Noah's motel.
Well situated & close to a good family pub, [Eaton's], in fact, close to all facilities.
Unit wasn't crash hot - small & worst scenario - couldn't fill jug from tap [jug too big & basin too small].

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlanGelder
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Water pressure was excellent, service was fantastic. We originally were going to check in an hour early it ended up being at 8:30am due to DST would def stay there again!

• Stayed October 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muswellbrook
1.3 km away
0.1 km away
Centabrook Motor Inn
Centabrook Motor Inn
#5 of 7 in Muswellbrook

Been to Noah's Mid City Motor Inn? Share your experiences!