All reviewscoogee beachbus stopprince of walesminute walkshort stayshopping centrerooms are smallcomfortable bedthe ritzking roomcommunal kitchenhot waterwould stay here againlaundry facilitiesbondi junctionnice stayrestaurants and bars
Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here over new year, just after the place was renovated. Everything was new and the quality of furnishings extremely high. I would def recommend staying here if you want to stay out of the city and get a sense of what it is like in the suburbs. Randwick is lovely. The hotel is right on a bus route with a bus stop out the front, also lots of lovely shops and cafés nearby, including a cafe on the ground floor of the hotel.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
sydney_lodges, Manager at Perouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Thank you for your review. It will certainly help others looking for accommodation in the Randwick area. Also Coogee beach is a 15 minute walk away or a 5 minute bus trip. Everything is handy and convenient here as you mentioned. We welcome you back!

Reviewed March 8, 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the last weekend of February. We had booked for 2 nights (friday and saturday night) but we had such a terrible experience we ended up checking out on saturday after 1 nights stay.

When we arrived we were alerted that it was a non-smoking room and if we were caught smoking we would be charged a fee. Being non-smokers ourselves this was completely fine with us. However, when we went to our room (after walking through the untidy hallway, chips on the floor, dust everywhere) the smell of cigarette smoke hit us immediately and upon further investigation we found cigarette butts on the window. We went back down to reception and told them of this and all the lady could offer us was a bottle of air freshener to keep with us in the room. We accepted this as they were booked out for the night and could not offer us another room.

Later that night after spending an hour in the room I seemed to be suffering from an allergic reaction, my face was puffy, my nose was running like a tap and felt like I couldn't breathe. I have dust allergies but I have never had such a bad reaction so fast before. It was so bad that the next day we decided to return home as I could not spend another night like that. As soon as I got home my allergies cleared up and I was fine so I know that it was definitely that room.

Overall a very disappointing experience. The need to clean their room properly and update the entire hotel.. I understand that you get what you pay for but we paid $320 for two nights at this hotel and it's not worth more that $50 a night...

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chookems
Reviewed February 24, 2015

I stayed at Perouse while my daughter moved into UNSW. Close to uni and lots of restaurants. Great place for breakfast downstairs. The bathroom was clean and tidy and the aircon was very handy. The rooms are tired but clean. Was not looking for 5star and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2015

Stayed for 2 night stay in double room, very small & very dated needs complete overhaul. Passage had musty smell carpets stained and need replacing. Bathroom was so small you could not even swing a cat in it. As the saying goes you pay for what you get only stayed because of location to race track.

Room Tip: Go next door and stay at the royal hotel more expensive but worth it
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2015

Perouse Lodge is well located in Randwick ,a short [2min] walk to just about any style of restaurant you could ask for. Right next door to the Royal Hotel which is on the cnr of Perouse Rd & Coogee Bay Rd. I was attending a function at Coogee Beach & used the public bus to get there & back with the bus-stops right in front of the Lodge.
The prices are quite reasonable for such a good location & meals are available in the cafe downstairs at equally reasonable prices.
The room I had is what they call a lower ground floor room with queen sized bed ,flat screen TV with a mini 'fridge as well. The shower & toilet were spotless Laundry facilities are available on site .
The staff were friendly & helpful .
The only downside was parking availability[though I got extremely lucky & got a spot right in front]. They have no onsite parking ,so it's pot luck & you can't park in the Royal next door. My advice would be to arrive after 3pm & park on the street as the restrictions end at 6pm BUT READ THE SIGNS!!!!

Room Tip: Absolute quiet in the lower ground rooms,but only suitable for max 2 people.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo