All reviews coogee beach bus stop prince of wales shopping centre the ritz king room communal kitchen hot water laundry facilities min walk bondi junction restaurants and bars public transport circular quay convenient location hospital cinema
Reviewed January 7, 2016

We stayed at Perouse Lodge for a week while my father was in hospital nearby. The Deluxe King Room was fantastic and had just been renovated (actually the entire hotel only opened a week ago) - beautiful light and airy room, comfy bed, stylish furnishings, a small balcony and the best shower! Plus my mum and I loved the selection of herbal teas and free wifi. After flying in from overseas and arriving a few hours before check in the staff were so accommodating and I was able to access the room. There is a coffee shop conveniently located downstairs, a bus stop out the front and you are close to Randwick cafes, restaurants, shops, cinema, hospitals and Coogee Beach is just a 15 minute walk away. I loved everything about this hotel and can highly recommend it to to anyone considering a visit to Randwick.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
sydney_lodges, Manager at Perouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2016

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Perouse Lodge. We are so happy to hear you 'loved everything about the hotel'. It is a perfect location for people visiting the Prince of Wales Hospital Complex, the University of New South Wales, Coogee Beach or 'The Spot' restaurant, bar and cinema area. All only a short walk from the lodge. Your review is a true indication of the new stylish Perouse Lodge and its proximity to many places.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 2, 2016

We booked for new years eve, when we arrived there was no power as they were doing renovations. 4 hours later we had power but no Wifi. Nothing stayed cold in the fridge because the door wouldn't close. The other people staying there had other issues. Be aware there is no parking, you have to park on the street and pay.

We paid for the Deluxe King room. It was not what we expected going by the pictures on booking.com.

Would never go there again.

Terrible.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank alex k
sydney_lodges, Manager at Perouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

We reopened Perouse Lodge after a year of major extensions and renovations. Our apologies regarding the teething problems with the power on the first night, all the guests were well compensated. We have parking however it is limited and alternatively there is quite a lot of unrestricted free parking in the area. Our staff are happy to direct you to these areas. All of the fridges are new and the doors do close, they have all been checked. Thank you for your review and we welcome you back!

Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here over new year, just after the place was renovated. Everything was new and the quality of furnishings extremely high. I would def recommend staying here if you want to stay out of the city and get a sense of what it is like in the suburbs. Randwick is lovely. The hotel is right on a bus route with a bus stop out the front, also lots of lovely shops and cafés nearby, including a cafe on the ground floor of the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. It will certainly help others looking for accommodation in the Randwick area. Also Coogee beach is a 15 minute walk away or a 5 minute bus trip. Everything is handy and convenient here as you mentioned. We welcome you back!

Reviewed March 8, 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the last weekend of February. We had booked for 2 nights (friday and saturday night) but we had such a terrible experience we ended up checking out on saturday after 1 nights stay.

When we arrived we were alerted that it was a non-smoking room and if we were caught smoking we would be charged a fee. Being non-smokers ourselves this was completely fine with us. However, when we went to our room (after walking through the untidy hallway, chips on the floor, dust everywhere) the smell of cigarette smoke hit us immediately and upon further investigation we found cigarette butts on the window. We went back down to reception and told them of this and all the lady could offer us was a bottle of air freshener to keep with us in the room. We accepted this as they were booked out for the night and could not offer us another room.

Later that night after spending an hour in the room I seemed to be suffering from an allergic reaction, my face was puffy, my nose was running like a tap and felt like I couldn't breathe. I have dust allergies but I have never had such a bad reaction so fast before. It was so bad that the next day we decided to return home as I could not spend another night like that. As soon as I got home my allergies cleared up and I was fine so I know that it was definitely that room.

Overall a very disappointing experience. The need to clean their room properly and update the entire hotel.. I understand that you get what you pay for but we paid $320 for two nights at this hotel and it's not worth more that $50 a night...

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chookems
Reviewed February 24, 2015

I stayed at Perouse while my daughter moved into UNSW. Close to uni and lots of restaurants. Great place for breakfast downstairs. The bathroom was clean and tidy and the aircon was very handy. The rooms are tired but clean. Was not looking for 5star and would stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2015