All reviews coogee beach bus stop prince of wales shopping centre the ritz king room communal kitchen hot water laundry facilities min walk bondi junction restaurants and bars public transport circular quay convenient location hospital cinema
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

The room is clean, and people are friendly. There is a coles convenience store 5 min away, and restaurants with a lot of choices are literally 2 min away.

Coogee is also 15 min away by walk, which is very convenient if you want to relax in a nice beach. For the city, its around 20-30 min bus ride with a bus stop just right about outside the hotel.

Very convenient and accessible lodge. I have been here 4x now.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

Perouse Lodge is 20-minute walk of Coogee Beach and quite close to the University of New South Wales. Rooms include in-room 2 GB free WiFi and LCD TVs. TV doesn't have any Indian channels, so if you enjoy Indian TV shows, then you are definitely going to miss the fun.
You get coffee/tea makers, phones, and desks in the rooms. Rooms are small but has Refrigerators and free toiletries in the bathroom, which are decent size. Rest is all OK. Check out at 10 AM is too early in the morning and if you need extra time to pack things, hotel will charge you for it. It's a hotel anyway.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

I arrived late to this hotel and so I had to ring someone to let me in. When I called, the lady told me that my payment hadn't gone through so my room request had been declined. After a 27 hour flight this did not sit well with me, also knowing full well my payment had gone through. I questioned the lady and after a few minutes she realised she had made a mistake and actually I did have a room after all. All this was done late at night on my own in the rain with all my luggage.
Anyway, the room was basic, but fine. Good shower and tea making facilities. The toilet seat was broken and coffee rings in the bathroom. There was a lot of noise in the corridors which woke me up. This isn't really the hotel's fault, but meant I didn't get much sleep. Bed was comfy nevertheless. The place is fine to stay as a basic room and was priced as such.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Good hotel. Room wasn't ready when I turned up at 2pm check in, hadn't even started cleaning it! However was given another room with 10mins so no big deal, although I had to ask for it, after travelling from London I did not want to wait around to be honest. It's a nice 4 star hotel with all you need and well decorated and very clean. Would recommend for short stay in the area, I only stayed 1 night. Prob one of the best as I checked a few out online in randwick before booking. Tap in bathroom was very loose and moved about, this could be easily fixed why hasn't it been? Great little coffee shop next to hotel and 5 min walk into town. I would recommend.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

From the moment we checked in the reception staff were more than helpful and very friendly. The hotel is in a great location, with a bus stop across the road that goes straight into the city, just a few minutes walk from the beach and randwick centre. The rooms were a little small but perfect for what we needed and obviously recently redecorated to a lovely taste. Would definitely highly recommend it.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Julie C, Manager at Perouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay!
Your comments will be most helpful to someone wanting accommodation close to UNSW, the Prince of Wales Hospital precinct, Royal Randwick Racecourse, 'The Spot' Restaurant/Bar and Cinema complex and beautiful Coogee Beach.
There are various room sizes available to book.
We look forward to welcoming you back.