All reviews the pub the check in desk the bar staff were friendly mash typical hotel coogee beach prince of wales bistro food off street parking bistro downstairs have stayed here several times lamb shank walking distance ideal location water pressure family room comfortable stay
Reviewed February 3, 2017

Had the steak special, it was good. Cooked how I asked and served in a good time. The decorations are nice and the dining room was clean. Staff were helpful and I would happily return for another meal

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank CultOfOne
Reviewed January 30, 2017

A typical "bistro-style" meal, that was very good.

Lamb shanks on mash with vegetables - a large serve that was very tasty.

400g rib steak on the bone - a good tasty/tender steak served exactly as ordered (my only complaint was that the pepper sauce was a little too sweet for my taste).

Would definitely eat here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jjumpstart
Reviewed January 29, 2017

Great food
smoking in beer garden no food
smoking out front 2 tables for food rest for smoking
steak with winfield red never again
you guys are kidding why don't you just have smoking in the bar area and toilets

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank jdtechie77
Reviewed January 10, 2017

Having not been to the Royal for about 30yrs, I was really impressed with the hotel. The welcome we received from the lady on reception was first class, in fact all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was excellent and we heard no noise whatsoever from the bar or anywhere else once we were in our room. Modern amenities and comfortable bed. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dirkus1962
Reviewed January 1, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised by this find. For the price, I expected a run-down hotel, but it was far from it.
The renovations are tasteful and help the place retain some of the grandeur of past days. Service exceptionally friendly and polite, from the guys at the security door through to reception and cleaning staff.
The room itself was quite spacious, and very clean. The bathroom was very large too, and sparkling. Tucked neatly in cupboards etc were a bar fridge, kettle, facilities for making and serving tea/coffee, iron and ironing board, extra blankets and pillows, and a safe.
I thought the windows were double-glazed as I couldn't hear any noise (despite it being Saturday night and the pub advertised live music), but when I opened the window for fresh air (I prefer not to sleep with the aircon on), I wasn't disturbed at all.
The bed was extremely comfortable.
When it came time to leave, the bus stop (serviced by several lines) was immediately out the front.
Thoroughly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo