“A place to definitely return”

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My family and I booked two rooms right next door to each other for Easter as we like to spend lots of time together. This year we had our first grandchild with us and management were very helpful in going out of their way to ensure that this room was ready a little bit early to assist a young family in getting their little one down for a sleep in a cot instead of a hot car. We stayed at Solnamara last Easter and enjoyed it so much we returned again. Opposite the beach, lovely pool, lovely onsite managers, rooms are great, shops very close by - you couldn't ask for more. Thanks Lyn and Kerry

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Solnamara, Manager at Solnamara Beachfront Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Lovely to have your family back to stay at Solnamara again this Easter and it was wonderful that we had such great sunny weather so everyone could enjoy the beach and Burleigh location. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We had a great holiday here. We booked three bedrooms for 8 people and there was room for everyone. It has onsite managers who are helpful and friendly. The apartments have everything you need. Location has great sea views, opposite the beach - so heaps of parking for visitors, a playground and bbqs (none on site).Secure parking - we squeezed 2 cars into our car space. Pool is very clean and located for sun. Linen is professionally cleaned. Will stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for your review - It is always satisfying seeing families enjoying their time together on holidays and short stay breaks. Our 3 bedroom apartments being very spacious make them comfortable for extended family groups. We hope to see you all again at Solnamara soon!
Lyn & Kerry
Resident Managers

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We recently enjoyed a fantastic weekend break at Solnamara Apartments. Wonderfully spacious 3 bedroom unit on the first floor. The facilities within the apartment were of the highest standard. The management were excellent and the location and surrounds perfect. The openess of the apartment made it comfortable when family visited. I highly recommend these apartments and would not hesitate to book with them in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Solnamara, Manager at Solnamara Beachfront Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you Dave for taking the time to post a review
I'm pleased you had a nice family stay and we look forward to seeing you again at Solnamara
Lyn & Kerry
Resident Managers

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I had looked at a few other apartments at Burleigh Heads and was a bit disappointed with them e.g. some had a musty smell. When I arrived at Solnamara (February 2011), I was greeted by a very friendly and professional manager (standing in for someone else). The manager showed me about three different options - all decorated differently - before I settled on which one I liked the best. Never did she make me feel pressured to stay there or make a quick decision. I chose to stay in room 34, mainly because I loved the modern decor of the living/dining area (I loved the touches of aquamarine!). The kitchen was clean and well-stocked with all the basic needs such as toaster, kettle, crockery. The views in every bedroom and living room were simply gorgeous with the tree-lined beach across the road. For someone with mobility issues/pain, I found the main bathroom shower easy to access (no high bath to step over). There was also an additional bathroom for my guest. The main bedroom had an extra television apart from the one in the living room.

My only negatives would be that there wasn't an air conditioner, but only ceiling fans (apparently air conditioners don't function very well with the salty air). I vaguely recall that there may not have been a fly screen off the main windows/doors to the balcony. I found the double bed in the main bedroom to be on the slightly hard side, but I have lots of pain in my body and need a softer bed.

Room Tip: If you want a good view of the beach, I suggest choosing a room higher up as the beach has lots of t...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank treelover1
Solnamara, Manager at Solnamara Beachfront Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Hi - I am pleased you enjoyed your stay - Kay our relief manager is a real gem and I am pleased she found the right apartment for you. The views I agree are fantastic - we go away a lot ourselves to keep refreshed as managers and we haven't been able to beat the view here or the beautiful Burleigh beach!

We are working hard on getting more apartments with air conditioing - in the meantime we welcome the seas breezes we get being right opposite the beach.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We booked through booking.com and after studying the solnamara website and the booking.com website, both said they would take a $200 deposit. So we booked.... The full amount has been debited without warning!!! I know it is the hotels prerogative at the end of the day, but all the advertisements suggest otherwise.

• Stayed: February 2012

Hi - I am sorry this mistake happened - we have a fabulous relief manager but she happened to make a mistake on this ocassion and we are very sorry. We know you will enjoy your holiday with us at Solnamara and in te the great location of Burleigh Heads

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We just returned from 10 nights at Solnamara. Our apartment was on the 9th floor and had been recently renovated with top quality appliances and finishes throughout. There were 3 air conditioning units, fabulous views, windows that actually opened to let in the constant breeze, very well equipped throughout with extra pillows and blankets (not that we needed those), lots of plates, glasses etc. The pool was a treat, very clean (a nice change from other places we've stayed). The location was great with the beach and a big playground directly across the road. There is a shopping centre close by, and surf clubs nearby for meals. Lyn and Kerry were lovely, very friendly. All in all, there was nothing more we could ask for. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All apartments have balconies with beach views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review and my apologies for my delayed response. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. You were in a premier apartment which is a delight to market to people.
Not all of the apartments have air conditioning but each year this improves but all have the great ocean views you metioned and most days cooling seas breezes that we welcome!
Thanks again

Resident manager
Solnamara beachfront Apartments

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have stayed at the apartments 3 times now and couldnt be happier and our extended family will be staying again at Easter time. We are very much looking forward to staying again and thank you to Kerry & Lyn for making us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thanks Vanessa - we always enjoy having your extended family to stay at Solnamara and we look forward to welcoming everyone back again at Easter
Apologies for my delayed response

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleigh Heads
0.6 km away
Southern Cross Apartments
Southern Cross Apartments
#7 of 33 in Burleigh Heads

Been to Solnamara Beachfront Apartments? Share your experiences!