“Worst Thai Wung Nam”

Ranked #150 of 218 Restaurants in Caloundra
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Complete disorganization in this place reflects in the service and quality of food. The food was crap. Massaman curry lacked any flavor and was luke warm. The chilli chicken was dry chicken with chilli sprinkled on it, again luke warm and certainly not spicy. The service was non-existent. When I was asked how my meal was when paying, I told the waitress (who looked about 15), of my concerns. She ignored them, proceeded to total up our bill and replied "that comes to $70.70"... If you don't blimmon care and plan to do anything about our crap experience... Don't ask! I go not see why this place was so busy, I wish Id checked trip advisor first...

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Simply the food and menu looked promising but the mains were bland and small and the cold. This was extremely disappointing and I would not recommend this restaurant to any visitors.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Sunset deal at this restaurant if you order before 6 gives you good discounts. Location is right on Bulcock beach at the back of the Grand pacific resort and has great views out over the water. Food was good quality and extremely tasty - not too overpowering for the kids. Service was friendly and efficient. Meals arrived quickly. We were very impressed and the kids are already asking to go back. This place also has take-away for those that want to eat at their hotel. you can book a table via e-mail if you need to - search for Wung Nam Thai Water Palace.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

very busy and popular location; 2 out of 3 of us had and average meal; my curried bugs, was a semi decent curry with 4 small bug halves poked in it - its not as if the bugs were actually cooked in the curry. $180 for a shared entrée and then 3 main courses and a bottle of lousy white wine was a rip off

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have tried a few Thai Restaurants in Caloundra but we think Wung Nam Thai Water Palace is the best. The food is delicious and the service is good. While we are sipping on a glass of wine we can enjoy the beautiful beach views.