“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Family of 4, eating lunch. Unfortunately none of us enjoyed our choice. Quite disappointing really.

Great table service, excellent staff ... was looking forward to the onsite brewed beers, but walked.

Dashar74, Owner at Blackwater Trading Co, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Hi Sam, thanks for visiting and thanks for reviewing our venue.
We are dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We would have loved it if you could have given us a bit more information on what exactly you didn't enjoy about your meals, that way I can pass that feedback on to our kitchen staff. I also find it a tad strange that you spent a substantial amount of time in our venue having lunch but didn't try the beer. Most people have a beer before or with their meal, they don't have it after like a dessert, but each to their own I suppose. I am however happy to hear that our front of house staff gave you good service.We would love it if you could give us another chance and try our beers. Cheers.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Came up from Sydney on Easter , came in for breakfast on the Saturday was really good , to be honest with how busy they were , the food was excellent , recommend the avocado dish for breakfast so we came back for lunch the next day , tasted some pale ales , the Australian one is the go nice and floral , lunch was great as well I had the dirty bird , my wife’s lunch I cannot remember but she loved it too, overall : great food and thought about for the area, fast considering the amount of people there, and really friendly bar man that knows he’s beer, we will be back for sure, thank you

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to the milk stout but found it way too sweet. Halfway through I was drinking with clenched teeth. Wasn’t keen on too many of the other beers I sipped from others in the group. I love my craft beer but this wasn’t good, sorry guys. Good location and atmosphere with the music etc, however, the beers...

Hi Tim,
Sorry that you didn't enjoy the stout or the other beers. The stout is not a traditional stout, it is a milk stout and it is deliberately sweeter than a dry Irish stout, that is a characteristic of the style.
I appreciate and respect your opinion but some of the finest palates in Australia disagree with you. We are the most awarded brewery on the Sunshine Coast having picked up a gold and two silver medals at the 2017 National Craft beer awards.
Thanks for visiting and we would love it if you gave us another go.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful barramundi and great wings. Really busy but the food came quickly and the staff were really attentive. Would definitely go back

Dashar74, Manager at Blackwater Trading Co, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Thanks Sonia, its great to hear on such busy weekends. We love that you enjoyed yourself and are looking forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

This was a great spot for lunch. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the meals were good and the beer options were also good. The prices are just shy of local pub prices and it has a street cafe feel to it. Overlooking Moffat beach - a great aspect, on a quiet street. This place is a solid 4 star.