US$108
US$86
Priceline
US$109
Gympie Muster Inn(Gympie)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$96
US$64
  • Pool
Verandah Motel(Gympie)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Pool
Agoda.com
All reviewspizzaundercover parkingtea and coffee facilitiesshower gelroad noisegreat customer servicequiet roomonsite restaurantoutdoor arearoom servicegreat stopthe main roadhervey bayderekwesternmotelfridge
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Great customer service from Derek. Unit back of motel. Limited road noise.Room very spacious, bed comfortable. Serviced daily.Very clean. Undercover parking was at the door. Restaurant at motel caters for breakfast and dinner. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of motel are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2017

Derek knows what he's doing. He's the go to man for anything. All rooms I have ever stayed at have been regularly serviced and maintained. All food inc breakfast dinner is supplied on site
I have no hesitations to recommend Derek and Great eastern Motor Inn to anyone. Best place I have stayed at in Gympie by far. It's like my home away from home and I am a tradie that works from Gold Coast to Hervey bay.

Ask for Derek he is the best!!!!!

Brady

Room Tip: Best I ever stayed at in Gympie
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

Travelling through and had a look at a couple of other motels and decided on this one. We got a unit at the very back of the motel upstairs. Very comfortable and far enough away from the road. Limited road noise. Remodelled bathroom. Management very obliging. The only thing i could pick on was someone had cut their toenails and the clippings were still on the carpet otherwise all was great.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2016

I've stayed here a couple of times before without any concerns, however this time we had so many problems. This started with a man at reception who gave the impression that we were very much an inconvenience to him. Our two rooms were adjacent to each other as requested and undercover parking was at the door.
Our first night we chose to eat at the restaurant which we regretted doing. I ordered steak with vegetables and my colleague ordered steak with salad. Both came with steak and vegetables. We ordered a bottle of shiraz and were brought a bottle of merlot cabernet which was opened before we could say it was the wrong wine. The steak was ok but the vegetables were cold. While we were finishing our meal a small yappy dog appeared and was barking and jumping under our table. We were told that the dog just wants us to throw his soft toy for him. This is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING at a restaurant and against all food hygiene standards.
The wifi in the rooms is non-existent. The fridge was so noisy in my room that I had to turn it off after not being able to sleep the first night. Every morning I was woken at approximately 5am as the sun shone through between the wall and the vertical blind which is right beside the bed. The toilet seat did not fit the toilet and was awkward to say the least.
My colleague's room next door had it's own issues. The first morning when we left the front door could not be locked. Told reception (that man again) who basically called us idiots for not being able to lock a door. After we arrived back that afternoon we could see that there was a new lock, so it wasn't us after all. Housekeeping had not left any towels in the bathroom and the half roll of toilet paper had been removed and none had been left. This was remedied quickly with a phone call. When we went to leave for dinner, we realised that this new door lock was not locking either. I therefore had to get take away while my colleague stayed in the room. There was no point ringing reception as we had seen that man there again. My colleague had to sleep with a chair rammed against the door for security. This was unacceptabel but there was no point ringing the guy at reception who would only try to humiliate us again.
We would never ever stay here again and clearly something has changed at this property. We had always dealt with very pleasant ladies at reception. Now there was only ever one very rude man who couldn't care less about customer service.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Judy1362013
Reviewed November 24, 2016

After being quoted ridiculous amounts for two (2) other motels in Gympie, we stumbled upon the Great Eastern. What a find. Derek (host) could not have been more welcoming. Got us checked in for, what we thought was, a very reasonable nightly rate. The room was was basic, but very clean. The bathroom / toilet (separate) has recently been refurbished and was very good. Clean, modern, practical and functional. We then proceeded across to the Bar / Restaurant. The service (once again from Derek) was spot-on. The meals we ordered were exceptional quality and very well priced considering the portion sizes. We would recommend this motel to anyone, and will stay there next time we venture north. We didn't detect any road noise from where we were staying. Top marks all round.

Room Tip: Whatever is available - only stayed one night so can't make informed recommendation
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple