“Char Mooloolaba ”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

I just love coming back here epic wines great staff and the food . My rib eye steak was amazing .Cooked to perfection and the spice rub just raises it to a new level I opted for garlic prawns and Moreton Bay bug to come with my steak a match made in heaven

CharMooloolaba, Manager at Char Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

We really love theses sort of reviews. especially from our regulars. Whilst we love what we do, theses comments makes the teams day.
Thank you again.
Char

Reviewed December 31, 2017

After booking on line for an early dinner, my companion and I arrived at Char, only to find it wasn't the restaurant I thought it was. Well, it turned out to be the best mistake I've made for a while. The first guests for the evening, we were welcomed with enthusiasm by two lovely ladies. My first question was to ask if there was a time limit on our table. I'd been caught before in Mooloolaba - had booked for 6.00 pm, but wasn't told when booking that we could only have the table to 7.30 pm!

"You can spend all evening here," said one of the ladies. "In fact, we hope you do!"

Well, that was a good start and we were given our pick of the tables. Another plus.

The wine list was perfect for us and we started with some bubbles because we were in a celebratory kind of mood.

My companion is not that easy to please and she didn't want to order off the entrée or mains menu. No, she wanted a selection of sides, including the ribs. I thought, this will be a test of Char's hospitality, but nothing was too much trouble.

I was easier to please and chose the slow-cooked lamb shoulder. The green vegetable accompaniments were perfectly cooked.

We were both delighted with our meals and were tempted to have dessert, which is unusual for me. Crème brulee as I recall - delicious.

The food was very good, but the service was even better - attentive, warm, perfectly timed. There was no trouble leaving a tip - those ladies deserved it.

All in all, a great night - even if we did go to the wrong restaurant!!

Serendipity is a wonderful thing. We are so glad to be a part of it. Yes we are pretty flexible when it come to alterations (when time permits) so thank you for that. Hope to see you again next time you are in town.

Regards

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

You can tell when you first walk in that the manager and chef know how to treat their customers well. We felt taken care of the whole time and the place had a kind of family mentality which you can’t fake.

The food was amazing. I wasn’t too sure at first about the “Plumpatrick” oysters but the worked well and we’re delicious with our Sav Blanc.

The blackened seasoning is definitely a must try on the steak if you like a little heat.

Hello from the family. My daughter and myself out the front. My Wife out the back. Not to mention out adopted staff. When we opened over 3 years ago we wanted a restaurant that mad you feel like you we home for Sunday dinner with the family. That is, simple food cooked well, with Love and served in friendly and warm atmosphere, and like most family dinners, a little bit of irreverence. So we love it when people like yourself get understand what we do.

See you again soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I recently had dinner at char. We ordered and shared an entree which was calamari. It was great, melt in your mouth. For our main meal my partner had the salmon and I had the lamb shoulder. My partners salmon was cooked to her liking perfectly, best salmon she's had out in a while. My lamb shoulder was very nice. My partner chatted to who I think was the owner about her meal, he was very pleasant. We would return here again when in the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband booked Char for my birthday and I am so glad he did , so often I go out and have my favorite salmon dish and it almost always comes out over cooked completely ruining the flavor and texture even when I request it specifically, well not at char my salmon was cooked to perfection!the flavors were balanced well and I wouldn’t have changed a thing about it. We also ordered the calamari and potato wedges both equally Moorish. My husband had a steak which he also enjoyed but as I did not try am unable to review personally.

There are Views of the water in a fine dining atmosphere. The customer service could not be faulted and as I observed all customers were equally looked after. Happy to return when we are back in town .