“Traditional, tasty and not oily”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mel's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 23 Restaurants in Trinity Beach
Reviewed April 21, 2018

I tried this place on the recommendation of a friend, I had avoided it, as I had not had much luck on food from trinity beach shops.

I ordered creamy chicken and mushroom pasta, added sundried tomatoes and garlic bread. It was absolutely delicious. Many times creamy pastas are either overly oily or tasteless, but this was neither. I tried to only eat half, but it was so tasty I ate the lot, and probably blew my calorie count for the day, but it was worth it! ha ha

They also delivery which is great for the days when i'm busy working away and can't be bothered to cook or leave the house. Will be going here in future instead of Taste of Italy in Clifton, or Ducks Nuts in Kewarra. Which i've ordered the exact same thing from, and this was MILES better. Delivery was very quick too, I think it took less than 20 mins to get to my house.

1  Thank Kazbar1981

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Ordered the couples deal with a garlic bread and two pizzas. The pizzas were cold. The pizza bases are store bought and like cardboard. The garlic bread was literally a single Coles hot dog bun with raw chopped garlic sprinkles onto it. The pizzas had very little topping on them and what was on there was not fresh or good at all. I can’t remember the last time that food made me this genuinely upset.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

It is somewhat surprising that this place gets such good reviews when the pizza dough isn't even made from scratch. If you ever want to figure out if your pizza dough is of the substandard prepackaged variety, just look underneath for the telltale holes or markings.

The sauce and cheese were OK on our Marguerita, but they could easily double the enjoyment by making and rolling their own crust. Would not recommend.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Called in to pick up tea and was not sure how the pizzas would stack up with your favourite home pizzas. Must say they were outstanding and surpassed our normal pizza shop. Would definately recommend this shop for a quick meal.

1  Thank John K
Reviewed November 10, 2017

We split a pizza and each had a garden side salad. The salad was large and really good. The pizza was just OK. Nothing at all special. The place is very reasonably priced, so if you want a cheap night out and just "food" then this place is OK. But do not go expecting the best pizza of your life, because you will be disappointed.