All reviews modern furniture one night room was clean continental breakfast small pool within walking distance friendly hosts electric blankets gary gen motel brekkie heater tv hairdryer iron microwave
Reviewed April 7, 2018

The owners were very friendly and helpful. A well maintained room with new and modern furniture. Very reasonably priced. Everything worked well and so quiet....
It is within walking distance of good places to eat. Actually Benalla is an interesting place to have a walk around after a day travelling.
Had a terrific night's sleep. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Twomuch
Gen and Gary B, Owner at Avondel Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Motel, and what a fantastic review it was! We have worked very hard replacing the beds & bedding, furniture, TV's, air cons in every room to make our customers as comfortable as we can. We have a great location here and it is very quiet!! Benalla is full of interesting parks & gardens, cafe's and galleries...we love it! Thanks again for reviewing us and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

Stopped onight in Benalla. My partner and I found the Avondel Motor Inn a very pleasant, well-maintained place to stay. The owner was very helpful in providing a recommendation for dinner and, at breakfast, told us stories about Benalla itself. I would recommend Avondel if you are stopping/staying in Benalla.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Gen and Gary B, Owner at Avondel Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Hi Stuart G, thank you so much for taking the time to do a review! it's fantastic to get awesome reviews like yours and we really appreciate it! We are looking to improve our business every day and it gives us a huge boost when our customers enjoy their stay! Thank you so much again for your review!

Reviewed January 24, 2018

I could not recommend this motor inn more highly. I booked late in the evening for a late arrival and early departure out of office hours . Gary was extremely obliging, offered me an extremely reasonable room rate, and had the room ready unlocked with the air conditioner running ready to walk in to a very welcome space. The room was roomy, clean, homely, fresh and very inviting and cool for a weary traveller. All the appliances worked, the bedding was fresh and new, and the cherry on the top was finding fresh milk in the fridge for a cup of tea (rather than nasty UHT milk). I heard no noise at all whilst I stayed. I had the best night's sleep and was able to hit the road again feeling completely refreshed. Thankyou very much for your hospitality, I would love to stay again.

Room Tip: I had Room 14 on the bottom floor. It had no internal brick walls which I liked. I would certainly ask for this room again.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Gen and Gary B, Owner at Avondel Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Wow Angela thank you so much for your review, it's awesome! We have quite a few guests arriving late, we know what it's like so always help when we can! We have new air conditioners and they are super quiet & work a treat which is a must in this hot weather! We always use fresh milk in our rooms, a nice cuppa in the morning is essential before taking on the day! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again! Thanks again for taking the time to give us your review! Cheers

Reviewed January 5, 2018

This motor inn was comfortable, affordable and just what we needed for an overnight stay. It was a hot afternoon and we were met by 2 beautiful and open armed hosts. Nothing was a problem only wanting to help . Unreal service so thanks a million

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want and you will recieve
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much Linda for your excellent review!! It makes our day when we get such great feedback! We've worked very hard to make our rooms super clean and comfy and we love hearing from our guests! We'd love to see you again sometime and again thanks for taking the time to review our Motel! Cheers

Reviewed January 5, 2018

The hosts are friendly & obliging. The room was clean, spacious & reasonably priced. Our hosts gave us a discount food voucher for the Royal Hotel which is within walking distance, the pub grub was good. We visited the dining room for breakfast. Husband had eggs, bacon & toast-excellent. I had a Continental breakfast, there was plenty to choose from including fresh fruit. Both breakfasts were "value for money". Certainly will stay again. Maureen 60

Room Tip: Ask for room not on the street side.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple