See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

This BnB was a suggestion from the Lorne Information Centre. It is away from the busy main street and is on a roundabout, hence the name. There are two separate rooms with ensuites in the front part of this lovely timber home. They share the use of a well furnished large lounge which has a gas log fireplace. We were the only guests when we stayed one night midweek. The host, Sue, is so warm and helpful. She made us very welcome and provided milk, tea & coffee & chocolates. If required, breakfast was extra over the daily rate. The room and large ensuite are beautifully decorated. The queen bed was super comfortable and warm. In the morning birds (king parrots, galahs & cockatoos) visit the verandah outside the room to be fed. We would definitely stay in this lovely BnB again.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
susanbalderas, Owner at Around About Lorne, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2016

Thank you so much for your generous feedback . I hope the remaining part of your holiday was also as special.
We love where we live and always want our guests to enjoy the area as much as we do.
We are here to help you experience the best we have to offer.

Many Thanks
Sue

Reviewed January 28, 2016

Around About Lorne is fantastic. The hosts are so kind and willing to help in any way. The rooms are comparable to a 4-star hotel. The in-room jacuzzi is fabulous as well as the fireplace in the living room. It was very quiet and homey at night. We were lucky in that we had the whole place to ourselves. Not sure how it would have been sharing the living room if the other bedroom had been occupied. I would stay here if I ever came back. The location along the Great Ocean Road is perfect.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
susanbalderas, Owner at Around About Lorne, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2016

We can actually offer varied ways of renting our property.
One is as a semi detached cottage with private lounge, not shared.
This can be arrange upon arrival. Of course the price may vary but it is an option if you want the place to yourselves.. Yes it is a lovely quiet environment, away from the main street but only a 5 minute walk down to beach, however 10 to 15 minutes to walk back up. Its a good hill!
Pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
We have quite a few return guests which is so nice.
Again thank you for your kind words.
Regards Sue and Family

Reviewed November 6, 2015

I was in Lorne to check it out for an upcoming family trip to the Great Ocean Road. I stayed at Around About Lorne for one night. It was quiet, cozy and clean. I appreciated the attention to detail (filtered water, fresh milk for my tea, chocolates) and the separate common room. Not having a car for this visit, I appreciated the location - walking distance to Teddy's Lookout, the beautiful beach and the town core. Sue was a wonderful hostess; it was like we'd known each other for years. I appreciated her advice for this trip and upcoming family holiday. I highly recommend staying here! It was like home away from home.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
susanbalderas, Owner at Around About Lorne, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2015

Oh Thank you so much Doris.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest
Your kind words are very generous and much appreciated .

Hope you can visit again some time soon .

Regards
Sue and Family

Reviewed October 22, 2015

As another reviewer experienced my wife and I had the B&B to ourselves. The layout of it is such that there are two bedrooms (with cooking facilities) that share a common living area.

The bedrooms are comfy - the linens are nice and there's electric blankets, flat screen TV etc. The hostess was very friendly and helpful. We didn't cook so I can't comment on the kitchen setup but it was nice to have a fridge in the room.

One of the most fun parts was the king parrots and galah cockatoos that hang out on the patio. Susan had some seed and we fed them for a while - they're quite charming (as a guest, anyways - if I lived there I'd likely change my mind.)

Recommended.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
susanbalderas, Owner at Around About Lorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2015

Oh Thanks Mark

Pleased you enjoyed your stay.
All the best on your travels

Regards
Sue

Reviewed September 28, 2015 via mobile

This was a lovely place to stay. Susan was also so welcoming. Even though we only rented one studio, because there was no one else in the cottage we had the whole place to ourselves, which included a spa bath, fireplace, dining area and living room. It was quaint, comfortable, peaceful, but also close to Lorne's main street and beach. I heard from Sue that there was also a koala that visited frequently...but we didn't catch him! Sue let us check out late as well. Thanks so much! It was really a great stay. Wish we could go back.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dansely
susanbalderas, Owner at Around About Lorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2015

Thank you so much.
Appreciate your kind words.
Look forward to you staying with us again.

Safe travels