“Don’t bother”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

The food was tasteless. Could tell the chicken from the Parma was frozen and processed crumbs. Steak was cooked well but not nice. I ordered the garlic sauce, which was a tablespoon of raw garlic and the plate was covered in a cream sauce. The lasagna was tasteless..
I thought they could not stuff up the salad that was on the plate... it was just cut lettuce, cucumber, tomato & onion... I was wrong... it tasted like it was one week old..

Reviewed February 3, 2018

I ordered Lamb shanks with roast vegetables from the specials board but they decided to change my order without bothering to tell me. They sent plain steamed vegetables instead. The bland looking dry lamb shanks came with no sauce or gravy (what the!) which made the whole meal very unpalatable. I mentioned that there was no gravy so was asked would I like some but they sneakily don't tell you that they will charge through the nose for it, despite nothing being written on the specials board about it.

BE WARNED!!!

Reviewed January 25, 2018

Quaint building, very extensive menu of traditional Italian fare from bruschetta, Scallopini, pizza, pastas, risotto etc.

I ordered the Titanic risotto which was very tasty although the risotto was a bit watery.

They don't advertise BYO, but we just turned up with our own wine and it wasn't a problem

Reviewed January 23, 2018

I would like to love this place, but there are some issues with the food and staff. Firstly, the wall menu has special meals of the day, but without prices. I asked the waitress if there were the $14 lunch time special meals and the answer I got left me confused. Eventually I chose a steak sandwich ($14) with chips. I got a large piece of steak between two pieces of toast, with fried egg , fried onions, some lettuce, tomato and tomato sauce. The meat was a bit tough with fat and gristle and it had made the toast soggy, so things fell apart. I would have preferred better quality meat, but smaller and a Turkish roll that would have held things together better. I love the decor with its old timbers.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

I hadn’t been for a while but wasn’t disappointed
If they were any more laid back they’d fall over!
But it’s great value and friendly service
Steak sandwich super tender and a reasonable glass of Shiraz $20!