“Birthday dinner celebrations”

The Stage Door Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 202 Restaurants in Mandurah
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining with show-stopping food! Winner of the category 'Best Contemporary Australian Restaurant' in WA for 2016. It's a combination you'll only find at The Stage Door Waterfront Restaurant. We invite you to dine at Mandurah's best loved restaurant and see for yourself. We're located at the heart of our water city, on the boardwalk overlooking Mandjar Bay beside The Mandurah Performing Arts Centre. Join us for lunch or dinner to experience modern Australian cuisine prepared with authentic local produce. Considering an upcoming event or a special celebration? Ask to see our private dining room that can cater for up to 60 guests.
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Had a great night for my 30th birthday dinner. Food wad delicious as always. Table service was definately worth a mention. Great night out and food was lovely. Will keep recommending to my friends.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Booked lunch here on a beautiful autumn day.we decided on outside table overlooking the gorgeous water views. The service and food were fantastic, and topped off by a restaurant in a fantastic location,well worth a visit for locals or holidaymakers.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

My husband and I were out for our anniversary dinner, and it just wasn't a great night.
To start, as we waited for our table, the bartender was reluctant to serve us, as they were understaffed, and he was very busy. We eventually got our drinks, and were shown to our table.
We were seated directly under an air vent, which is only a personal dislike, however it was too cold for me. My husband and I swapped seats as he doesn't mind the cold, but I was still too cold.
We ordered and my husband realised (after no more than 5 minutes) that he had ordered the wrong steak, and he asked a waitress if he could swap the ribeye he ordered for their eye fillet. She came back and told us that the chefs were just plating his meal up, so would he mind just having the ribeye that he ordered, as it was already cooked. Of course that was fine, as he realised he was being a nuisance by changing his order, and we were impressed that our meals were ready so quickly. My husband had ordered his steak rare, and so we thought they must have started cooking our steaks as soon as we ordered for them to be ready so fast, and we were very pleased with this great service
However this was not the case, as we waited a further 20 minutes after the waitress had told us, and even then we had to ask another staff member to find out what was happening.
Normally I wouldn't mind waiting 30 minutes for a meal, as that is quite standard, but to be told that our meals were ready and then wait another 20 minutes was quite frustrating. Furthermore my husband received the steak he had first ordered, when then chefs had PLENTY of time to cook him up the eye fillet instead of the ribeye.
When our food came out, my husbands ribeye was cooked rare as he had asked, but mine was rare when I had asked for medium rare. I had this sent back to the kitchen and didn't get it back until my husband had already finished his whole meal.
I was very hungry by the time I got my steak back, and quite grumpy. It was cooked well when I got it back and the chips and side salad were lovely.
When we went to leave I wasn't very happy, but we were served by the loveliest girl, who gave us a discount for our trouble. She was very friendly and chatty and had a lovely accent, and when she found out we were staying at the Seashells Resort, she gave us a further discount. She honestly saved the whole experience for us, as when we left we were singing her praises instead of complaining about our night.
I would like to give this review 3 stars, but our experience up until the last 5 minutes was not something I would like to repeat.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Convenient for Dolphin cruise. They give 10 discount against card issued by cruise. Nice seating outside overlooking canal. Good service pkaya with beverages only

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Four of us had an evening meal here during the CrabFest and so enjoyed it we went back for Sunday lunch. The view is great and the staff were welcoming and enjoyed a laugh or two. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. My only disappointment was that they had run out of the lemon curd dessert but the alternatives made up for it. Even the cheese plate was original and had lots of tasty extras. Well done, Stage Door.