“Lovely staff, great food, excellent setting”

Rickys River Bar + Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 380 Restaurants in Noosa
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2018

4 of us had a thoroughly enjoyable evening meal here. We had booked in earlier in the day (scruffy after a day at the beach) and when we turned up a few hours later looking rather tidier, the staff remembered our name and booking and made us feel very welcome. I had the whole cooked barramundi. It was delicious and I ate it all even though it was quite large. My friend ordered the mackerel, rather uncertainly, and ate it all too. The staff were friendly and very knowledgeable, able to give recommendations of what to eat and drink. The 2 ladies shared petit fours for dessert which was just the right size - a few little mouthfuls of sweet yum.
We would definitely go here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Haven’t visited for a while and won’t return. Started well with Grant, extremely efficient and friendly server in the Bar. Restaurant had changed chairs since last visit to trendy hard plastic moulded ones that needed cushions from couches to get you near your table, extremely uncomfortable! Food was pretty ordinary, Mooloolaba Prawns where slightly over cooked and not worth $25 for three Prawns. The whole baby Barrumundi main was okay but again nothing spectacular. Other diners food was also mediocre, Duck and Mackerel fillet. To finish off a mediocre night we ordered Petit Fours ..... asked the “local” waiter how many per serve and he responded sarcastically “four duh!” ..... just what you expect at $150 per head including three bottles of expensive wine! I did correct his restaurant illiteracy that the phrase refers to small oven!

1  Thank Simon M
rickysnoosa, General Manager at Rickys River Bar + Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent experience at Rickys. We take your feedback very seriously and I will make sure to address it with our team as we always strive to deliver great food and service. On this occasion, we may have fallen short and I do hope you have another chance to try us again. Warm regards, David Jouy, General Manager

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

It has been many years since I’ve eaten in Noosa and my girlfriends and I were very much looking forward to eating at Ricky’s after hearing some rave reviews. It started off brilliantly with incredible attention and service from all staff in the lovely bar, however that’s where the excellent service ended. A restaurant of this quality should not see customers searching for staff to place orders, fill up wine/water glasses and eventually pay the bill. I must say my entree of winter vegetables was exceptional which raised my expectations for my main of Duck breast. This arrived and was flavourless and chewy. Needless to say I mentioned this to the waitress but nothing more was said. My meal remained half finished. My sister enjoyed her steak and soufflé immensely! The service was the main area lacking and completely ruined our experience as a result. I won’t be going back nor recommending this restaurant.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very pleased to hear you did enjoy your service in Rickys bar. I am also pleased to hear you did enjoy your entrée of winter vegetables. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your main of duck breast however delighted to hear your sister enjoyed her steak and souffle as these are popular dishes. Our food and service standards are something we strive for at Rickys and on this occasion fell short during your experience. I will share your feedback with our team and I do hope you will give us another chance in the future. Warm regards, David Jouy, General Manager

Reviewed September 17, 2018

There is no other place like Rickys with its location on the Noosa River and the food gets better with time. It is not cheap but the quality was there and everything was very well presented and the service is always friendly and professional. Go for the location and view if nothing else.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

This was by far the best restaurant we visited on our recent stay. Service was impeccable and the food was perfection! Try and go at lunch as one of the most appealing factors is the incredible view over the river. Loved the crab pasta!