“Chilled out hostel!”

Dolphins Beach House
Ranked #112 of 141 Speciality Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Loved this place and my time spent here! I wish that I had more time to hang around. The hostel was super relaxed and chilled out. The staff were super cool! I spent majority of my time hanging with them. Made some great friends here too! The hostel isn't located in the city centre which was perfect because its 2 minutes from Sunshine Beach and the Noosa National Park! Rooms were small and perfect, the biggest dorm room had 5 beds in it. Every unit had 2 rooms and a kitchen which was awesome when it came to the dinner time rush! Love love loved staying here!!

Thanks Dolphins, you guys made me feel right at home!

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same! They are all small and comfortable!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Had so much fun here. Super chilled vibe, instantly felt at home. All the staff are so friendly and helpful and fun. Smells of lush incense. Has a lil pool. 5 min walk away from the beach and free shuttle to main beach. Wanted to live here forever! Hammocks and chill out spots galore. You'll defo make friends here too. Peace and love.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Had a great time relaxing and detoxing at this hostel. There's a real hippie Asia vibe about it with Buddhas, Hammocks and chillout areas everywhere which is great. It does have everywhere that you can't drink after 7pm but the staff and others didn't take much notice of this so you can hear them when in bed, didn't really bother us though.
Location isn't great so we took the shuttle bus into town/ to the main beach when needed but could be restricting on nights out or for having the flexibility of going anywhere when you want. There is a great beach 5 minutes away though so if you're happy staying around the hostel or this beach then it's fine.

For every 2 rooms of 4 there's a kitchenette, toilet/shower and sofa area which is really helpful and usually alway clean. In our room it did get a bit hot at night, the air con would come on and off all the time. There was only two sockets between 4 people so this could be an issue without an extension cable. We did have a cockroach in our room but kinda used to it now.

The staff were nice although there were a lot of of them so seems like they had their group and stuck to it.

It was a good hostel for us to chill but depends what kind of thing you want.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

This hostel is really far away from the action. The shuttle bus is good but it doesn't run nearly as frequently as it should. The hostel has a nice "hippie" vibe but considering it's meant to be a quiet hostel, you can hear everything everywhere. The doors to the bedrooms have slats in the them that let in light and noise so if anyone is in the kitchen or having a conversation in the living area, you can hear every word.
My room had cockroaches in it. The kitchen was clean though but the toaster didn't work. I found it seriously odd that you can only use the washing machines on a cold cycle. If they only wash the sheets on a cold cycle that's really unhygienic.
The staff were nice enough but when I asked to use the phone to reconfirm a booking, the owner said no because they receive so many incoming calls. If you're receiving that many incoming calls then maybe don't shut the office in the middle of the day when people are going to most likely be calling you.
I would recommend staying here if you are a loner, a stoner and don't want to socialise or be anywhere near any of the action. Otherwise stay somewhere else. Not worth the money.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I stayed in a premium deluxe ensuite room with air-con (upstairs), it was ok but the bed was way too short for me (not a real Queen-size bed) and the couch looked stained and dirty. Room wasn't vacuumed properly when I arrived. I cleaned mould from around the bathroom tap and tiles eventually as it annoyed me!!
There was a shuddering washing/drying machine noise that I worked out surged up from the owners garage later. The noise would go on to 1 am and start again at 5:30 am. The room had access to a kitchen used by the other double rooms that was ok but could do with a thorough scrub and clean.
The rest of the hostel was nice and chilled though. The uninterested staff seem clueless unfortunately, not knowing you cannot put a 2.5% surcharge on an EFTPOS transaction from Cheque/Savings A/c. The owners daughter did not want to acknowledge the washing machine vibration/noise .... the list could go on ....

I suggest to clever backpackers that you form a group of 4 people plus and go and bargain (hard ... and dress nicely for the bargaining bit!!) a good rate from a luxury resort out of peak season, a 2-bedroom appt can be had for $200 a night. I paid $100 a night for what could have been great but got more average by the moment. Never mind I still had fun and I do like Sunshine Beach!!

Room Tip: Make your room is cleaned properly if it is a double of any kind!!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2017

If I were to describe my stay at this hostel in one word that word would be 'terrible'. Me and my partner were shoved into a cramped 5 bed dorm, where we were subject to 34 degree heat at night, cockroaches in and around our bed, not to mention on the cutlery Aswell. You would expect the noise level to be at a reasonable level; as there are signs stating "no excess noise after 10", this was not the case as we could hear the staff drinking and shouting outside our room until 1am every night. One member of staff (American women aged around 25) was very rude. When she spoke to you she would not dare look at you, I also over heard her verbally mocking me to her staff friends when I left my room. We paid 37 AUD a night for this hostel, definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Holly H
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

When we first arrived we loved this hostel it reminded us of places we had visited in Byron! The hostel offers a free bus throughout the day to noosa junction bus stop and the main beach which is a nice gesture as this hostel is not near anything apart from the national park! There are signs everywhere saying "no noise/drink apart 7pm we are a chilled relaxed hostel" when I seen this I was thrilled as we had just been on a very busy trip in Brisbane so booked this hotel on the basis we could chill and get a good nights sleep oh how we were wrong! I'm so glad we only booked 1 night here as there are more staff than guests and you feel like you're invading their space! They were also up til gone 11pm with the loudest base speaker and music all drinking and being very loud which wasn't ideal for us as our room was at the front of the hostel where everyone sits! The staff then get up at 7am and put this speaker back on not as loud but still loud enough to wake us up! It seems the staff to do follow any of the rules they have plastered all over the hostel and really ruined our stay! On arrival this hostel the potential to be the best we had stayed in yet but the evening and lack of sleep is the reason for such a poor score! I would suggest if staff want to stay up that late then they should have the rooms at the front of the hostel and the guests at the back so we can actually get some sleep whilst they have a big piss up! Such a shame as the hostel itself is lovely! Ruined by the staff in the evening!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZoeSmith2131
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosa
3.8 km away
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
#4 of 41 in Noosaville
2.9 km away
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort

Been to Dolphins Beach House? Share your experiences!