“Busy Noosa local”

Rock Salt
Ranked #17 of 380 Restaurants in Noosa
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Simple Pleasures - Welcome to Rock Salt Noosa, a modern Australian restaurant located in Quamby Place, Noosa Sound. Since opening our doors in 2005, Rock Salt has earned many praises from critics and has been charming diners with our bistro fare.
Reviewed September 26, 2018

We recently visited Rock Salt during an annual visit to Noosa. It is a small , busy , local on Quamby place. We thoroughly enjoyed dinner here, food is consistent, serves are generous, service is efficient . It is however very noisy and staff appear to be stretched.
Two of our table ordered the "fish and chips" which they enjoyed , but I thought the pick of the night was the Moreton Bay Bug ravioli - which was delicious. It is essential to book as the restaurant appears always to be full

Reviewed September 26, 2018

The 4 of us ate here a few years ago and thought the experience was "wow!" so we were keen to try it again. Unfortunately this time our food wasn't quite as good. My duck was a bit dry and the men's steak was a bit tough. None of it was bad, but it wasn't as good as we'd expected it to be either. We'd still recommend this restaurant but on that particular night it didn't live up to its reviews.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I went here with my partner for a nice dinner while in Noosa. The staff were extremely friendly, but the food was amazing!
My ordered drink of lemon lime & bitters looked like a proper cocktail and tasted delicious. The entree of warm turkish bread, olive oil, balsamic, goats curd, dukkah was outstanding - the bread was so fresh and chewy and delicious. Out other entree of buffalo mozzarella, olive oil, and basil pesto was also good, though not as good as the Turkish bread. Mains of beef cheek and ravioli were fantastic and very well-made. My only recommendation for the whole meal is to serve the balsamic vinegar and olive oil separately, as when the bread was dipped, you would only get olive oil. However, overall the food was delicious, and I would definitely return here!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Recently enjoyed their Sunday lunch special: roast chicken stuffed with lemon butter and cream cheese. Sides of sugar snap peas and roasemary-sprinkled chips. Absolutely delicious and good value. Excellent and attentive, but unobtrusive, service. Highly recommend especially for Sunday lunch.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Friends told us about this place and we went for the first time. We looked at the substantial menu ( some would say too large ) we both agreed that we would be happy with anything it all looked great. As usual with us as we both love oysters we selected 4 each two natural and 2 with a fingerlime dressing, they were freshly shucked and delicious. Our second course we decided to swapsy changy with each others choice, good move, I chose tempura morton bay bugs and my wife the lambs kidneys on a caramelised onion pastry tart, superb not many chefs have the balls to put kidneys on the menu. Our next course however was not so good, we both chose the fish of the day skinless snapper with snow peas, to me it was too dry, he cooked it on a BBQ and had the criss cross pattern on it but in the process had made it too dry, pity because it spoiled an otherwise great meal, I did observe other dishes going by and they did look a little like deep fried everything, it wont stop us going back however, it is a nice venue easy parking pleasant staff etc. All I ask is to treat the fish with a little more respect

1  Thank Pam and Derek C