All reviews spa area is hiking valley accommodations boots
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Visited in 2016. Amazing place! Great accommodations, delicious food - a true luxury experience. The Christmas festivities were really enjoyable as well. Lech has amazing skiing, and Burg Vital makes the whole experience much better!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2018

Over the Christmas holiday recently, we had the pleasure of staying at Burg Vital for four days. We did tons of research until we've landed on this hotel, which wasn't easy, but we're glad we found Burg Vital. The modern renovation definitely did not go unnoticed, and we were lucky to stay in the new wing. We must've been the first ones who stayed in our suite because you could still smell the fresh wood emanating from the furniture. On top of that, our suite had a sauna! How friggin' cool was that?! We've never stayed in a room with a private sauna before, and let me tell you - it was DIVINE. Our view from the wide balcony overlooked the heated pool and beyond to the neighboring Hotel Montana, Kinder Club, a few other buildings, and the slopes. Even though we would've enjoyed it more staring out to nothingness, the view was still pretty awesome - especially when the mountains were shrouded with fog.

We partook in the half board throughout our stay, and despite some initial confusion about the seating arrangement at their restaurants - it was quickly resolved. I did wish the staff would have taken better care with explaining which table we were assigned to throughout our stay. In addition, they were quite adamant about us sitting at the same table. So, if you wanted to sit somewhere else - too bad. The food at all their restaurants were yum yum delicious. I had breakfast everyday, so I can attest to the fact that whatever your little heart desires - they had it AND better too. I don't think I've ever seen the largest selection of bread served daily at a breakfast buffet before. I got to sample a variety of breads, always fresh and tasty, but my favorite had to be the potato bread. I could eat an entire loaf in one sitting, that's how good it was! On top of that, they had ALL kinds of cabbage you can think of. I didn't even know cabbage was so popular in Austria, but I guess that's what you learn as you travel. I probably had the best bacon I've ever tasted in my entire life. I'm a tea fanatic and their selection was to die for. They even had a tea shop on the premises! What?! I must have died and went to heaven. At their Picea restaurant, I had THE very best wiener schnitzel. It was cooked to perfection and melts in your mouth. Ugh, I still dream of it to this very day. On our final day we dined at their finest restaurant, Griggeler Stuba, with the executive chef, Thorsten Probost, cooking for us. That was indeed one of our utmost favorite meals. First, we were seated at the bar upon arrival so the chef could provide some tasty amuse bouche. Throughout the course of this fine prix-fixe meal, we sat in a dining room with several other guests in separate tables, being served the finest Austrian dishes we ever tasted. It couldn't get much more intimate than the chef cooking, presenting and serving you every dish that came along. I can vouch after this amazing experience, Mr. Thorsten Probost was one extremely talented chef. Albeit amazing, this was also our longest dinner ever. We sat down at 7:30pm and didn't finish until after 12 midnight. If I was getting a buzz from drinking wine throughout the night, I was DEFINITELY sober by the time we were done. To end such a memorable meal, the chef also presented us with a gift - a signed menu with the dishes served that night. How sweet. I'll never forget how special this dining experience was.

The staff was attentive, accommodating and friendly. Having traveled throughout neighboring Switzerland in the last five years, I was definitely surprised to see Burg Vital only had an Austrian staff instead of an international one. For us, it made it feel more authentic staying here. AND their English was extremely good. I was surely surprised about that too. My favorite people were the masseuse/facial technician, Maureen, the sommelier - Maximilian, and a lady whom her name escapes me who worked behind the front desk in the lobby. They were the friendliest and well versed in their field.

Now onto the decor, let me just say - WOW! I was absolutely head over heels in love with the architecture and decor. The exterior of the hotel was quite unassuming but the best parts took place indoors. Burg Vital has definitely done a fantastic job with the interior design. I was love with our suite, the smoking lounge, the lounge area, the pool with the walk bridge over it, the tree by the front desk, and many more. When I get a house, I'd like to decorate it just like Burg Vital.

The hotel was perfectly situated on the slopes, which couldn't get any better than that. You could walk out and ski or sled all the way down to Lech if you like. I didn't ski here but my boyfriend did. He's an avid skier and he informed me how in love he was with the skiing in Oberlech and Lech. To make it more awesome, there was snow almost every day which turned both towns into a pure winter wonderland. I don't think I have ever seen so much white from my travels before.

Oberlech was conveniently located above Lech, and taking the two minute cable car down to Lech was an absolute breeze. Fun fact: Oberlech translates to over Lech. Lech was definitely more touristy with plenty of hotels, shops, and restaurants. If you want a good meal outside of Burg Vital, hit up Hotel Arlberg. That's another five star hotel, and you could instantly tell right away when you waltz through their doors. They were so welcoming to us even though we were simply visitors from another hotel, they didn't care. They welcomed us like we were one of their own. Whether it was dining at one of their restaurants called Stube or shopping at their boutiques, we were truly and genuinely welcomed. Although their decor was more traditional (which was a deal breaker for us interior design fanatics), Hotel Arlberg has won the place for runner up if we are ever back in this area and for some reason couldn't stay at Burg Vital. But do try their sliced ham with mustard. Simply the best. Also, don't forget to take a stroll through Lech's famous department store, The Strolz. It's an experience unto itself.

All things considered, I give Burg Vital four stars. Why? Despite how beautiful this hotel was, it hasn't won me over yet. Call me a tough customer, but when you drop plenty of cash for a five star hotel - you want it to be IMMACULATE. This is your hard earned money you're talking about. Am I right, or am I right? A few things that didn't bode well for our visit: a girl working at the front desk ladies was not quite the friendliest in my opinion. She sure seemed to be a lot more friendlier to my boyfriend, but whenever I walk past by - she would only fake smile at me. The smiles never reached her eyes, like genuine smiles do. The second being the confusion with the seating arrangement at their restaurant when sign up for half board. Along those lines, the hotel was quite strange with how they do things with the seating arrangement and no menus for you to view prior to eating at any one of their restaurants. You simply have to travel to the restaurants and look at the menu physically yourself. The third and final being the view. There's not much they can do about that, since they're firmly rooted near a few other buildings. But it'd really be nice to acquire more of a open nature feel. All in all, this was a fine five star ski hotel to consider if you plan on visiting this part of western Austria.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kiki L
Reviewed March 30, 2017

We stayed at Burg Vital for one week in late March 2017. The staff at the front desk was attentive to our every need and immensely kind and thoughtful. While everyone we encountered was so, we had the most contact with Jasemin and she was just delightful and a real asset to the resort. The daily breakfast service was delicious, fresh and plentiful with fresh fruit, various cheeses and meats, healthful breads, myriad cereals, fresh yogurt as well as á la carte options from the menu. Our waiter for most of the week was the gracious and friendly Fabian, who saw to our every need.

The rooms were immaculate and comfortable with lovely features like heated floors and towel racks which came in handy as we were on a ski vacation. The immense spa area is highly recommended and has multiple saunas, relaxations areas, a steam room, whirlpool bath and offers classes such as stretching and yoga.

We are already looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
martina1404225, Marketing at Burg Vital Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Der guests of our Resort,
thank you very much for your friendly valuation.
We are happy to know that your stay at our resort was satisfying. It is very important for us to make you feel comfortable.

We will pass on your praise to our team, especially to Jasemin and Fabian. We are proud that our team works with motivation, engagement and competence. The satisfaction of our guests is most important to us.

It is a great compliment for us, that you enjoyed our daily breakfast service and our immense spa area. We want you to leave our resort healthier, happier and more satisfied and therefore we work with all our hospitality, cordiality and passion.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at our resort and in the meantime we wish you all the best!

With sunny regards from Oberlech
Burg Vital Resort*****, Family Lucian

Reviewed September 16, 2016

Burg Vital Resort is a family managed hotel and the owners were visibly presented each day we stayed at the hotel. Frau Lucien greeted each table and the guests during every dinner and Herr Lucien was around the hotel and greeted guests when he encountered them. The hotel staff is very well trained and they couldn't do enough for us. They even went to a pharmacy to pick up medications for us and spontaneously created a dish to fulfill our cravings of pasta dish that wasn't on the menu. A husband and a wife hiking guides (Georg & Maria) were superb guides and were very friendly and knowledgeable
around Lech area. The spa is spacious and food was delicious and the restaurant has very good two young sommelier. The only recommendation would be to have the bar be attended by a real bar tender who knows how to mix cocktail.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom and two bathroom suite with a fantastic view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally L
BVH_Management, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Burg Vital Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Dear guests of our Resort,

First of all we would like to thank you for your assessment.
We are very glad, that you have felt so very well in our house. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed the nature with our hiking guides. You appeal the room for improvement of our bar concerning cocktails. We will work on improving this area. Thank you very much! Constructive criticism helps us to develop our standard on and on.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again.

Until then we remain with kind regards from the sunny Oberlech,
Burg Vital Resort*****, family Lucian

Reviewed July 28, 2016

This was an amazing holiday. In part this was due to the amazing weather and scenery of the Alps. But also the beautiful Burg Vital Resort helped us to enjoy it. Our room was fantastic and clean. We had some of the best food we've had for a long time and the whole family enjoyed the trip.

The hotel is set in Oberlech which is a short bus ride away from Lech. From Lech you can use the cable cars or indulge in some shopping. Many times we would get the cable car up the mountain and then enjoy the stroll down through the hills to the Hotel. In the hotel itself there is a bar, restaurant and high end restaurant as well as a swimming pool, gym and extensive spa.

The friendliness of the staff and the general level of service was outstanding. The food was also a big highlight. We had one meal in the Griggeler which was really fun (with Thorsten guiding us through dishes made from very high quality local ingredients) but even breakfast and snacks during the day were outstanding and far better than anything we could find in town. The bar was also good with an extensive collection of spirits and a great bar man.

For the kids the kids club is outstanding as is its host. There is nothing quite like your son telling you that he wants to climb a mountain (cable car) and then go to the kids club in the afternoon. Super good with its own dedicated building, the kids club is really good with a host who will ask you at breakfast what your plans are for the day, so that they can accommodate you. Amazingly we made little use of the spa which was huge. It goes to show how many other things we found to do.

This was a great holiday - would love to go back and potentially see the winter version of the Burg Vital. As well as the hotel and the location, the staff, food and kids club made a huge impact on this being such a fun holiday.

Room Tip: Anything with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
BVH_Management, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Burg Vital Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Der guests of our Resort,

thank you very much for your friendly valuation.
We are happy to know that you felt very comfortable in our resort!

Looking forward in anticipation to welcome you again in our house
and remain with sunny greetings from Oberlech
Burg Vital Resort*****, Family Lucian