“Excellent hotel.”
Review of Hotel Theodul

Hotel Theodul
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Lech
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Just got back from Lech Austria having stayed at the hotel Theodul.. My wife and I stayed fo r a holiday with Omega holidays for eight days. The first impression we got was how clean the hotel was, the toilets were immaculate. We got a room that we asked for with a view and a balcony. Ample sized room with all that is required. The television was of good quality for the tennis! We were on a bed and breakfast stay, breakfast was continental style with an excellent choice. The dinner was five courses which varied every evening. Food was excellent. The waiting staff were efficient and friendly. In particular a nice young French girl Charlotte( Charlie is cool.) she looked after us very well. The family run hotel were very friendly and and helpful which made our stay very nice. The hotel is situated in the town of Lech which is right on the doorstep.

Room Tip: At the rear of the hotel , 35. There is a loud noise from the mountain stream outside which was...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChristopherJFord

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Spotlessly Clean hotel , friendly staff. A wonderful location for skiers and non skiers in the center of town. Very organized and helpful owners. Ski lockers for all. Buffet breakfast and choice of three meals at night. large bar area. Staff great especially Peter the sommelier . For the American visitors, no room service but think standard in most European ski hotels. Would return but if you looking for modern or American style you would pay a lot more down the road at the larger hotels

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Outstanding hospitality and food and drink the daily treat. Martina Peter and their staff are attentive and discreet - available to help the children and think ahead on organising your holiday. Our second year and planning the third. Can wait to go back.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 705RKrishnan
Reviewed 4 March 2016

A wonderful hotel and equally wonderful welcome from the owner, Martina on arrival. We stayed half board in February to ski and the hotel is only about 300 metres from the main ski lifts. Half board meant a very impressive and multiple choice breakfast and a six course, almost tasting menu for dinner. The rooms were fine with great views but I would have liked a bar of soap in the bathroom as well as the wall dispensers. After skiing soup and apple strudel was always ready as part of the package but oddly if you wanted a cup of tea, it was charged to your room. The spa was excellent with saunas and steam rooms and more.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackdaw42
Reviewed 21 February 2016

This was our fifth consecutive year and we are still not tired of coming back. The service and hospitality are fabulous, making this a real home from home experience. The food is varied and to a high standard and the wine list equally interesting. Just off the main night street, the location is close enough to the centre of Lech while benefiting from peace and quiet. The kids are equally just at home and relish going back each year. Can't rate highly enough

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Martina W, Inhaber at Hotel Theodul, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Thank you very much for your nice Review and your smile for our staff!
What could there be a better compliment than beeing "the home away from home"?
yours
The Team from the Thedoul,
Martina & Dietmar Walch

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from a 7 day ski trip. We are rather new to skiing and this was our third trip, we have fallen in love with Lech, and what a gem of a find, Hotel Theodul ended up being.

From the outset The Family Walch efficiently replied to my numerous emails, giving more than helpful information .

We were welcomed like friends, and our room was fantastic, even squeezing in our Eldest son who at last minute could join us for 3 nights, this was not a problem at all, and I wasn't made to feel a ' pain' for requesting this.

Large room, warm, fantastic view to the slopes, bath robes, large heated flooring to the bathroom, spotlessly clean.

The spa was wonderful, if I were to be picky a jacuzzi would have been a great addition , but that's just me!

Fantastic way to unwind after a long day skiing.

Dinner was outstanding, credit to their chefs, I'm a vegetarian , and my food was equally tasty and exciting, different each night. I would agree with other comment,s that the main course was, sometimes, a small portion, but when the waiting staff , noticed my growing teenage boys had polished off their food quickly, they offered more, and fresh plates with another main course were swiftly brought out- now, that's service for you.

Special mention must go to Peter, very attentive , always made sure our glass wasn't empty, even the water. Funny, happy really nice guy, five star service from him, and the other staff too, always made us feel welcome and comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble.

Our only gripe was the bed, and I appreciate this is a totally personal thing, but the mattresses were to firm for us, I did struggle with a few aches by the end of the week! I'll bring a mattress topper next time!

I could go on, but if your looking for a hotel to stay in Lech, I would thoroughly recommend Hotel Theodul, you won't be disappointed .

See you next year !

The Smith Family

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Martina W, Inhaber at Hotel Theodul, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Thank you so much for your appreciation and your motivating words and smile for our staff.
It is a pitty for us to hear only now that you found your matress to hard. We have of course softer or evean harder toppers for your comfort. Please let us know next time. Thankfull regards from Lech!

Reviewed 1 February 2016

A long weekend to my favorite skiing resort Lech was my gift to my niece and her husband on their 40th birthdays. I have been to Lech several times, but this was my first time at Hotel Theodul. We all just loved it! From we were welcomed when we arrived Wednesday afternoon till we left early Sunday morning the Walch family took so well care of us. Always a smile and a kind word, good service when we needed it and in charge of a nice and professional staff. The rooms are nice and cozy, the breakfast buffet just great and a delicious 4-5 course dinner. The location is perfect, close to the ski lifts, the after ski places and the shops. I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Martina W, Inhaber at Hotel Theodul, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Thank you very much for your appreciation and motivating words for our staff.
yours Family Walch