“Ok Food, nothing exciting”
Review of Lecher Stube

Lecher Stube
Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Lech
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Austrian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

My family and I went for dinner there the 5th year in a row. I was never a big fan of it, but this year's visit finally made me write a review. I am Austrian, so I can very well judge traditional Austrian cuisine. Lecher Stube offers mediocre food in an nice atmosphere. The service was nice but as the food nothing to get excited about.
We had roasted deer, the salad with grilled chicken breast, a "Bachsaibling", the cooked beef ("Tafelspitz") and a Kaiserschmarren.
The roasted deer was tender, but the sauce was quite flat and didn't taste like much. The dumpling that I ordered as a side dish was rather dense that fluffy.
The cooked beef was juicy and as the vegetables to the point, a bit more taste would have been nice though.
As concerns the fish, the meat was okay but also not too tasty. The potatoes with parsley were not evenly cooked, but okay.
Finally, the salad with grilled chicken stripes illustrates best what I criticize about the restaurant: unexciting snd uninspired food. plain salad leaves (only 1 type), grilled chicken stripes and a poorly arranged slice of honey melon. Maybe there was even a tomato in there. Can't remember. Oh and it was topped of with a joghurt dressing. When a salad is 20€, then I expect more than that. Which is a colorful variety of salad, some finely sliced vegetables, nuts, seeds, some kind of cheese and a more appealing way of arranging the whole thing in general.

Finally, we ordered a Kaiserschmarren, which was by all means not good. It was baked for too long and had a hard and dark brown crust. When we commented on the issue to the waitress she said that they always leave the Schmarren for 15min in the oven.

Last but not least, the music was some ordinarily radio channel and when you go there at 6pm then expect to have some families with small children around, that should be in bed and not at the dinner table.

All in all, I can't recommend Lecher Stuben. Prices in Lech are high, I am aware of that. But for my money I expect a certain level of creativity and taste from the dishes.

1  Thank Eiffeltauer

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Just like the title says, the food was disappointingly boring for each dish. I ordered the trout while my husband ordered the schnitzel. The schnitzel was only edible when we added salt and pepper. The fish was nothing to get excited about. The vegetables were steamed and tasteless. I wonder if they used frozen vegetables. The service was inattentive. We ordered a bottle of wine which they decanted and kept aside, but they didn't refill our glasses unless we stopped a server to ask.

Can't believe it's 4.5 star reviews.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

We visited Lechter Stube for dinner. The menu looks great and has good selection catering all different tastes.

As main course we had pork medallions, lamnhaxe and Burrito. Portions are plentifull. But aomething was missing on the taste side (for example my lamb could have been conplimented with some kind of sauce).

As deserts we had creme brule and tiramisu. Creme brule was excellent, but again tiramisu was tasteless.

The service was excellent and friendly.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

a very nice restaurant, well situated near the center of Lech, friendly and a great wiener snitchel!
nice ambience, nice overall tastes!

1  Thank Aristos K
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I walked in without reservation just to give it a shot and the nice waitress found a way to squeeze us in their schedule (so I recommend reserving in advance).
I ordered the special that consisted of pork medallions topped with melted cheese, vegetables and roasted potatoes. It was very well presented and tasted really good! The house red wine pleasantly accompanied this tasty meal. Waiters were discrete and calm. Count a good 70 euros for two people (incl. wine).
Overal great satisfaction!