“Likely our favorite restaurant in Montisi”
Review of Da Roberto

Da Roberto
Price range: US$17 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open from noon to sunset, closed when I go shopping Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to my home. Every morning I wake up happy to build a space of peace, balance and harmony to offer people who like to come to my Taverna. I appreciate people for what they are willing to share of their minds and hearts. The visible sign of money makes very little impression on me. Good manners are a key contributor to enjoy my daily life. I hold myself to a high standard and I do whatever I can to protect this space from negativity of bad manners. I'm a countryside cuciniere (cook), whose only claim is to feed myself honestly. Home cooking is prepared and shared with those who like to sit at my table. If you like what I do, tell the people you care about. And if you do not, please tell me. I'm ready to hear your constructive feedback when expressed in-person. It helps me recognize my mistakes and work to reduce their number. I consider criticism expressed at later dates, and worse if protected by the anonymity of a pseudonym, a destructive attitude, and I will not give the deriving negativity any chance to affect me. I always offer people seated in my house my service and my smile. To people content to savor authentic dishes, to sip sincere drinks and to gladly recognize the price of my loyalty to them, I also give my heart. I appreciate your courtesy. Roberto Crocenzi
Reviewed October 14, 2017

I challenge anyone to find a bad restaurant in Montisi. We tried four and enjoyed them all. If we had to choose one, it would be Roberto's.

We believe he is open by reservation only. We called, and he stayed open later than planned in order to accommodate us.

He specializes in "slow food", and it was wonderful.

He has an extensive wine cellar, and the wines were very moderately priced.

The ambiance is that of a cellar. Everything is rustic.

We would definitely go back!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Thank you Roberto for a wonderful 4 hour lunch. Da Roberto is not your typical restaurant, and proudly so. Roberto does not just serve food, he leaves that to other restaurants, as Roberto prides himself on providing a culinary experience, and if you are will and interested an education. Roberto's menu is limited by what ingredients he can get hold of that meet his organic philosophy. This more limited menu forced us to try dishes which ordinarily we would not, and we were not disappointed. Roberto is not solely focused on profit but rather the experience of his guests, encouraging us to share a starter and pasta rather than the one each we asked for. Roberto explained they were big potions and plenty to share. We took his advice. We felt safe in Roberto's hands and let him choose a wine appropriate for each course. We had a fantastically relaxing four hour lunch prepared by a man passionate about the food he provides and eager to share his philosophy. Thank you Roberto.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Eight of us made a reservation for lunch (at least a day in advance since everything is purchased fresh that day) and enjoyed a pleasant three hour lunch on the patio with an assortment of good dishes, plenty of wine, and conversations with Roberto.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We just returned from a trip to Tuscany and were fortunate enough to have dinner at Roberto's. He is a delightful man who has a passion for good, natural food. He served 12 of us in his home. The meal was remarkable with all ingredients being organic. Roberto knows food and wine and pairs the two remarkably well. If you can, be sure to make a reservation for lunch or dinner. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We made a reservation on a Tuesday for the next day.
When we arrived we found Roberto to be very friendly, but also very direct.
He explained his rules. He said if some folks came by it could get interesting. No res, maybe no food.
We were 8 adults. Had a great meal. Great ambience. Very good wine. Best buffalo mozzarella we ever had.

Prices are fair. It is a one man show, so you cannot be in a hurry.
We were there for 3 hours. Never felt like a long lunch.
Will be back someday.